1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Nose to the grindstone
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had a machete laying loose under some straps behind the seat of my pick-up for quite a while. Forgot it was there today when I was moving some stuff around and cut the fire out of my trigger finger. The wife helped me bandage it up. I have no left hand holsters and rarely train for off hand shooting. Sitting here with my big ole bandaged trigger finger and my sidearm in a owb holster on that side. About to try some support hand cross drawing from a strong sided holster (unloaded of course). I should be better prepared than this before it happens, not worrying about it after.

·
Dremel jockey
4,002 Posts
I'm too fat, old and stiff to do any defensive draw using my support hand from my IWB holster nesting at 4 o-clock.
I can get it out.....eventually, but the process is expedited if I have something to push against with my support arm.
LOL!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Sounds like a good time to go bionic

... or just practice weak hand until it heals.

Reactions: Songcatcher

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,030 Posts
Go to middle finger, I practice sometimes that way, it'll work if you need it to, another reason why a shotgun like a shockwave is pretty handy

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Cut the tendon in my trigger finger years ago and some day when it's extremely cold I can't bend it. Over the years I've learned to shoot with the middle finger.
you know the one that handicapped people use to wave at you! yeah that one. You know the folks with only one finger on their hand!!!!

Keep your forefinger as close to the middle as possible while doing it.

Also don't shoot an auto shotgun like that without a lot of fore thought!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Superglue the wound, bend the finger into the desired curl, add more glue.
As I recall "super glue" was developed by the US military as a replacement for stitches in the field. I've used it way too many times! And it works, speeds the healing process and speeds recovery time.

Smiles,

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Real close, just at the bottom of it with my fat fingers.
Gotta learn to squeeze the fore finger down into the top of the middle finger.
Also for me I'm at the hook of my middle finger on the trigger.
Get's the job done if you need it to in a Worst Case situation.
Or
As said previously super glue the cut and go on!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts