CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Colorado Sonny, Jan 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    The CZ Tactical Sport Orange has had my attention now for awhile. I know virtually nothing about the CZ 75 line, but I intend to do some research.

Does anyone have one of the CZ Tactical Sport Orange pistols? Anyone own a CZ 75 TS? A Shadow-2?

What do you think?

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-tactical-sport-orange/

[​IMG]

salelcid and xerts1191 like this.
  2. bigbob76

bigbob76 Not so big Bob these days Supporting Addict

Jul 3, 2012
    I know that I want one! I currently have the regular 9mm Tactical Sport and it is amazing.

stlgecko and wcanterbury like this.

3. Stavman

Stavman Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    I currently own a Shadow 2, and actually just picked up TS orange from a member here. Can’t wait for it to arrive.

The TS orange is on a different frame and uses different mags then the shadow/cz75. TSO is also single action only, the shadow is DA/SA

What are you going to use the gun for? Competition or a range toy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wcanterbury likes this.
  4. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    I’ve owned the TSO and currently own a Shadow 2. The Shadow 2 seems like the more practical gun for most shooters but I’ll have another TSO again soon enough. Both are awesome and among the best 9mms made for the dollar, IMO. The TSO is SAO and the Shadow 2 is DA/SA with a thumb safety if that helps sway you. You can’t go wrong with either.

wcanterbury likes this.
  5. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    TSO is one of the best shooters in my safe. It is definitely not a concealed carry gun. The left thumb rest actually works in dampening muzzle flip.
    I like mine a lot!

6. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
    I would have to say it would be a range toy, thus I am also looking at the Shadow-2.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-black-blue/
    [​IMG]

KTXdm9 and FWoo45 like this.
  7. Stavman

Stavman Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    That’s the same gun I have.

Pure range toy I would get the TSO, good luck on locating one. They only send in a few of them at a time it seems.

wcanterbury likes this.
  8. stlgecko

stlgecko I’m just here for the 1911’s

May 24, 2014
    I had a TSO and it was a helluva gun. It wasn’t a great fit for me overall but it was sweet, best trigger I’ve EVER pulled. I currently have a shadow 2 and a standard tactical sports. Shadow 2 is the best gun you can buy for under 1k, I’m my opinion. The tactical sports has a nice thick grip and fits me well, plus an amazing trigger. I can firmly recommend all 3.

FWoo45, wcanterbury and dash like this.
  9. Stavman

Stavman Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    Yea the TSO I think will make a great range toy/comp gun.
    The shadow 2 it’s a bit more versatile.
    Buy both!

cdhbrad and wcanterbury like this.
  10. cdhbrad

cdhbrad Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2011
    I have 5 CZs, including a TSO. If you are going to buy your first CZ (it won't be your last) for primarily Range use, the Shadow 2 would be my choice. When I got into buying CZs, the Shadow 2 wasn't available and I haven't bought one, yet, because I have a 75B fully worked over by CGW and a CZ Custom Accu Shadow.

I bought my TSO here on the Forum last year and added a CZ Custom Red Dot mount and a C-More in December. Awesome Gun and, possibly, the best pistol trigger I have, absolutely stock, including those on my full custom 1911s. It's that good. You wouldn't be disappointed with a TSO, but it pretty much a competition gun and it not as versatile for some of the shooting games as the Shadow 2 because of its size.

wcanterbury and dash like this.
  11. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
  12. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
    Thanks for the Shadow-2 recommendation. I here CGW does fine work.

13. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Wcanterbury, the good news is Shadow 2 really needs no trigger work beyond the factory, outside of a possible short-reach kit for DA. For a range only gun, SA is all you really need. The factory SA trigger is so light and smooth that I can’t imagine CGW upgrades would be be worth the cost.

The Shadow 2 popularity is still in the early stages. It wouldn’t surprise me to one day see the Shadow 2 on a list of the top five best production 9mms ever made.

wcanterbury likes this.
  14. jmr986

jmr986 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2016
    I have around 15 handguns. This is the one I’ve taken to the range the last 3 times:

4F6D5751-48E2-4047-853B-033AAD05D57E.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    AJP and wcanterbury like this.
  15. Stavman

Stavman Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    Nice setup! Do you know if anyone makes a holster that will work with that setup?

16. jmr986

jmr986 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Not off hand.

I did talk to a local holster maker who said if he couldn’t do it, he knew someone who could. I’ll bet if I go over to the CZ forum they probably would know. I got some longer screws so I’m going to install the thumb rest along with the mount. I’m sure their is a competition style holster that would fit it. But that thumb rest may make it a bit complicated. Based on the size and weight this is definitely a range gun.

17. cdhbrad

Nov 21, 2011
    Steadfast Holsters can make one for the TSO with Optics Mount.

jmr986 likes this.
  18. jmr986

jmr986 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2016
    wcanterbury likes this.
  19. cdhbrad

Nov 21, 2011
    I didn't think to look for a YouTube video, but glad you found it. Looks like he allows plenty of room if you wanted to mount an optic and keep the gas pedal too....that is how I've got my TSO set up now. He makes complete competition rigs with mag holders, etc. molded using the same colors as the holster. Great looking stuff.

Stavman and wcanterbury like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted