CZ 75b safety question

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by LPRoad, Nov 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    Thinking of getting a CZ 75b. I intend to carry condition 1. Anybody having trouble trouble manipulating the safety without changing your grip?

Raylan Givens and UBOATDOC like this.
  2. Pennywise827

Pennywise827 I keeed I keeed.....

Jan 23, 2017
    Nope. Im a southpaw too....carry is tough cause its a heavy *******, but I aint skeered to ding her up cause she's a 600 gun.

3. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Have you handled one yet? The safety is further forward than on a 1911 so they work better for people with medium to large paws. Very impressive shooters though.

4. LPRoad

Mar 16, 2015
    I have not handled one. Nearest well stocked gun shop is a 2.5 hour drive for me so tend to rely on forum feedback for some of my data collection :) My hands are mediumish, I wear a size large in gloves.

Steve Owens likes this.
  5. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Personally prefer the BD models my self. The decocked carry on one of these or the compact version just makes sense to me.

6. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    You should be good then.

Steve Owens likes this.
  7. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    You might try their more compact version, the PCR. Lighter, everything more within reach for us "Trump-handed" fellas. I am okay with having small hands almost universally unless I am playing a Les Paul or Guild Bluesbird....they have wide necks and so harder for me to play. But hey, I can shoot pretty well, don't have to reach into a large incision to pull out diseased tissue or errantly placed foreign bodies from people trying to die on me and I don't do CPR anyway....I have ED techs to do that chest jumping stuff.

8. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    Pcr, I will look at one.

UBOATDOC and Raylan Givens like this.
  9. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    To answer your question, no. I have larger hands. Not ginormous but I prefer full size guns like HK USP, Glock 21, SP-01, Beretta 92FS, etc.....

My 75SA that I installed some CGW parts on has THE best single action trigger pull of any gun I have ever owned.

In the end. I agree with UBOATDOC and Steve Owens. The PCR is an outstanding carry gun. Along with the decocker models dominating my carry lineup when referring to CZ.

UBOATDOC and Steve Owens like this.
  10. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I also will ring in with a vote for the PCR, aluminum frame, still very accurate, same identical set up as the 75 for the most part.

UBOATDOC likes this.
  11. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I have a CZ 75B SA.

Unlike the thumb safety on a 1911, which requires you to rotate your thumb around the metacarpophalangeal joint (the first joint, next to the palm), the CZ requires you to rotate your thumb about the interphalangeal joint (the second joint). If you use the same motion to flip the safety on a CZ as you do a 1911, it won't move easily.

That said, my CZ thumb safety was still too stiff for me to engage (flip up) when it was new. I could flip it down just fine. Over time, it did break in and become easier to flip. I also helped it along a bit by polishing the safety lever detents with 1000 grain sand paper.

12. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    It would help to post a pick of your hand with a firing grip on the CZ. This would help us to diagnose if this is a sizing issue, or simply a stiff safety lever.

UBOATDOC likes this.
  13. Raylan Givens

Aug 18, 2015
    AKA Rosie Palms and her five sisters.

LPRoad and UBOATDOC like this.
  14. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Get the 75 B Omega. It comes with the decocker installed and you can swap the decocker out for the safety. They come with all the parts to switch out the decocker for the safety if you wish to do so. I have an Omega and it is a wonderful gun.

Dwe likes this.
  15. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    Anyway, the PCR is considerably lighter while still being a good quality alloy and has a good mag capacity as well. They are good shooters stock from the box, but the near miracle work from Cajun Gun Works really makes these pistols nice( have not availed myself of this yet)

Bugs and Raylan Givens like this.
  16. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    We have one PCR in the shop for sale.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Raylan Givens likes this.
  17. Raylan Givens

Aug 18, 2015
    You weren't supposed to tell...lol

BBP likes this.
  18. LPRoad

Mar 16, 2015
    Glad for all the info. I like the notion of the alloy frame, but I only see the PCR in the decocker version. Having carried a double/single and striker fired pistols for quite a few years on the job, I am sold on condition 1 mode of carry. maybe the Rami....:D

19. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Another option is the P-01 Omega.
    It is a compact with an aluminum
    frame, better sights and comes with the decocker installed but also comes with an SA thumb safety.
    Best of all worlds!

Here’s what she looks like!

77F192E0-A8A6-4947-8EC7-A1825A0BBD9D.png

C0E38A53-EFE3-48F2-AE6D-68B7580A8257.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Bugs, LPRoad and Raylan Givens like this.
  20. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I've owned and carried a RAMI since 2006. Gun has thousands of rounds (@4K) through it. Use it at the range too. It's my gator gun when I go fishing which is a lot. Carried in a fist holster. I replaced all the stock pins with solid pins. I just recently replaced the mags which crapped out a couple of months ago. Stock mags are north of 40 bucks but when they last for 12 years there's not much to complain about. I tend to carry it with 10 round mags as it conceals better but carry with 14 round mags when hunting/fishing, and for range play. VERY accurate gun. But it is a little snappy and takes some getting used to. Mine is safety only so I chamber a round and gently lower the hammer. Been carrying this way for a long time. Some have suggested the PCR (Police Czech Republic) and the PO-1 Omega; both great guns and worth a look. I tend to favor the PCR but the PO-1 Omega is no slouch either. Bottom line is no matter which model you choose you will have an accurate, reliable gun that will last a LONG time. I give them :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::buynow:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted