1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
старая каза
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Man, if you'd have told me I'd be out at the range on December 26th wearing only a sweat shirt, jeans and a ball cap, I'd have said you were crazy, yet, that's what I had on this afternoon to try-out my new matte stainless CZ 75B.

Usually, I prefer to test a new pistol's POA/POI on paper before trying to shoot it at pins and steel but, I was too lazy to drag a target-holder out of the shed and set it up down range. Plus, if this new pistol acted anything like the 4 other CZ 75 variants I own (SP-01 Shadow, 75D PCR, 75B Compact and P-01) it would perform as expected. I also have a matte stainless 75B I purchased new back in 2016. LOL So help me God, I have no idea why I like these things so much? I know that one of the many reasons is because they perform consistently well straight out of the box with just a good clean and lube beforehand.

Otherwise, they're just a joy to shoot and this new one was no different. I took my time and ran 150 rounds thru it without any issues: (50) Geco 124gr FMJ, (50) Winchester WB NATO 124gr FMJ and (50) Magtech 124gr FMJ. My other CZ's eat that stuff up, especially the Winchester NATO. If I was going to shoot a casual steel match at my club, it's the factory ammo I would use for it. The increase in accuracy more than offsets the increase in recoil.

It ran like every CZ 75 I've ever shot. The factory sights leave a lot to be desired. The DA/SA trigger isn't great but gets better with use. Accuracy is (way) above average for a stock pistol shooting factory ammo. For me, there's always a lot more to like about CZ's than to dislike.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
I picked up a 75 Bull Shadow optics ready from CZC. Put a Vortex Venom on it and it is becoming one of my favorite guns to shoot. Once owning/shooting CZs it becomes readily apparent why they are so popular with the competition guys. Phenomenally accurate at a very reasonable cost without the idiosyncrasies of the 1911.

·
старая каза
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Geco 124gr FMJ, 10 yards, offhand

Magtech 124gr FMJ, 10 yards, offhand

Cor Bon 125gr JHP+P, 10 yards, offhand

I haven't updated this thread since the last week of my vacation in December. Dang. My apologies! That's how busy I've been at work since the first week of January.

So I finally made it out to the range Sunday afternoon to put the stainless 75 on-paper and I did about what I expected to do after two months of no practice whatsoever. I didn't mind, though. It just felt good to get back out to the range again even if the results were nothing to write home about. Today was for fun, with one of my all-time-favorite pistol designs.

I had a couple of boxes of Geco and a box of Magtech. I also brought along four Cor Bon 125gr JHP+P's that I keep handy for things that go bump in the night. They seem to shoot well in every 9mm I own and this one was no exception.

And I don't know exactly what it is about CZ 75's but perceived recoil is pretty much a joke. Even with walnut grips that have barely any checkering and a completely smooth frame, I didn't have any trouble hanging on to it. It didn't shift in my shooting hand at all, including with the Cor Bon defense load. I put 154 down range during this session and enjoyed every moment. Even the dim lighting and being barely-able to see the (lame) factory sights didn't ruin my enjoyment. It was a good time. If I could only have one pistol, this one would probably be the one I'd pick.

Still not sure what I want to do with it yet? I'm deciding between either a simple trigger job and sights upgrade (minimum) or shipping it to Stuart at CZ Custom and getting the full Bull Shadow spa treatment (maximun). Two-tone stainless Bull Shadow might look pretty awesome!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Get the springs for it and look up CZ tuning on BENOS forum.
All the competition guys have got those figured out how to get them super smooth and make them really light both DA and SA.
They have a lot of input on massaging the springs to get what ever reasonable weight you want on the trigger pull. Great gun to work with and they're nice out of the box to begin with!

Reactions: Zippy

·
старая каза
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get the springs for it and look up CZ tuning on BENOS forum.
All the competition guys have got those figured out how to get them super smooth and make them really light both DA and SA.
They have a lot of input on massaging the springs to get what ever reasonable weight you want on the trigger pull. Great gun to work with and they're nice out of the box to begin with!
Considering that CZ has discontinued production of stainless 75's, that's what I'll most likely end up doing. Beyond upgrading the sights I don't want to make any external modifications to it at all.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I would get a czc trigger job parts and then buy a gun specifically for the bull barrel. 2x the CZ fun for not much more than what you mentioned above

congrats @Zippy

·
born in the wrong century
8,959 Posts
Great looking CZ.

I just recently learned they’d built them in stainless.

CZ75 feels great in hand and is performs really well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.