1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this in the week. I put in for the E package on 10/1 and got it back Friday 2/28.

Here is the work list:

E Package which is the Pro Package + 1911 bushing fit
SP01 adjustable rear sight
Front sight (same as Shadow 2)
Black nitride trigger
Refine trigger to 3lb SA, 7lb 5oz DA, 3mm reset

When Thomas called me to tell me it was on the bench and about done he informed me the trigger was great at 3.5 lbs. I said.. can we do better and keep reliability/safety? He got it down to a safe and reliable 3lb. It runs very well and the barrel/bushing fit truly is very well done. I put 220 through at the range today and I am very happy with the performance so far.

image0 2.jpeg
image1 2.jpeg
image2.jpeg

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Just got this in the week. I put in for the E package on 10/1 and got it back Friday 2/28.

Here is the work list:

E Package which is the Pro Package + 1911 bushing fit
SP01 adjustable rear sight
Front sight (same as Shadow 2)
Black nitride trigger
Refine trigger to 3lb SA, 7lb 5oz DA, 3mm reset

When Thomas called me to tell me it was on the bench and about done he informed me the trigger was great at 3.5 lbs. I said.. can we do better and keep reliability/safety? He got it down to a safe and reliable 3lb. It runs very well and the barrel/bushing fit truly is very well done. I put 220 through at the range today and I am very happy with the performance so far.

View attachment 427285 View attachment 427287 View attachment 427289

I want it!!!!!!

Reactions: dnuggett

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,335 Posts
I want it!!!!!!
Handle one first. I don't have small hands and the trigger reach is a bit much for me. That's the reason I don't have one right now. There is a cure for that, but it ain't exactly cheap.

Reactions: 1L26

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Handle one first. I don't have small hands and the trigger reach is a bit much for me. That's the reason I don't have one right now. There is a cure for that, but it ain't exactly cheap.
I have! They have them at a LGS here but not the BD.

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not sure if the E package changes the reach, but it’s not been a problem for me. I prob have avg to slightly larger hands. If the E package did change the reach, you are right. It’s not cheap.

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
nugget, are you able to compare the CZ 45 to a 1911 45?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Not nugget, but I can. Had a Colt 1911A1 and my 97 BD at the same time for awhile, the Colt got traded for my Sig P220R. Weight is very similar, but the 97 grip is noticeably fatter than the 1911, think Beretta 92. In fact, if you're comfortable with the Beretta 92, the 97 will be fine.

With some work, the 97 trigger can be very good, even rivaling a decent (not custom) 1911. Of course, it's DA/SA to the 1911's SAO, and in the case of the BD, has a decocker, all of which is my preference or I'd still have the 1911 and not this ;). I installed the CGW Pro Package in mine, SA breaks at just under 3.5#, DA is 7.5#. SA is very crisp, just a tiny bit of pre-travel (FPB block), and no over-travel. Reset is short and sweet. DA is also very nice, not too long and very smooth, I almost prefer shooting this DA.

But the big difference is in how they feel shooting, and the 97 wins hands down IMO. Very soft shooting, even with full power rounds, very accurate even with the stock bushing, and just a joy to shoot. Everyone that shoots mine wants one just like it. Very flat shooting as well, muzzle flip is noticeably less than the 1911, I think it's because of the full length dust cover, it's a fair bit more muzzle heavy.

All that said, I think mine is going to be heading down the road, I've totally fallen in love with my Sig P220R, it's become my everything pistol, EDC, range, night stand, to the extent that I want a second in case this one ever breaks. Don't get me wrong, the 97 is a great pistol, but for me, it's a range gun only, or maybe a backup night stand gun, the Sig just gives me more versatility. Besides, I've been working with my Sig almost exclusively lately, so I shoot it better, even though it's 25% lighter than the 97. But hey, variety, right :D? Later.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
Dave, thanks so much for that info. Great write up! I have heard nothing but good things about the CZ97. Had a Bull Shadow and a Shadow Orange, both 9mm, and love them. I shoot them far better than any of my 1911s.

Meant to say I "have" a Bull Shadow …………..

·
Registered
173 Posts
I need to get the e-package on my cz97 slide.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,771 Posts
I'll be doing an E package to this gun myself. Also installing a SAO trigger. The only part I can't source from CGW is the bushing which I'm certain I can make. This is of course if I can find the time..

Oops I thought this was DWEs original sales thread I just got a B model nib. So hopefully I find some time to tweak it up..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts