CZ custom CS

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by boatdoc, Oct 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Bought a CZ A01 SD recently and love the gun. Had a straight trigger put in it and it shoots great--except when ammo would not chamber and the slide would jam. Heck even some of my first 9mm reloads did it. Jammed tight too.

I onc e had this issue with a 1911 and the gunsmith who made it opened up the chamber to accept all kind s of ammo. So I emailed CZ custom 3 x=zero response.

Then I called the gunsmith @ CZ custom who had a message to email him. =ZERO response, zero contact zero help

I KNOW that this kind of CZ has a tight chamber.
    without them opening it for me, I have to find brands like blazer brass or S+B--when available or reload ammo with a OAL of 1.146 or so to get the gun to work.

Just thought I would warn others. CZ customs guns rock however they offer ZERO customer support

2. Badabing11

Badabing11 I gotta have more cowbell

Sep 6, 2015
    Dayum Boatdoc, that really blows.

I've been having a lack of response from a lot of places lately . I'm getting a little bit more than tired of getting the form letter in response that says it's Covid related. It seems CZ hasn't even taken the time to make the automated response.

On a side note, I orderd an item from Optics Planet on Sept 5. It said it was in stock and would ship in two days. 3 weeks later it still had not shipped. I called and emailed. They had an automated response that said they were so far behind that reponding to my questions would put them even further behind. Other vendors seem to have it managed better.

That's a lot of jack to spend on a gun with no service. I can understand a delay, but no response is pi$$ poor.

boatdoc likes this.

3. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I’ve seen similar threads. I have had a great CZ before and consider another but it won’t come from those guys. The Cajun outfit that specializes in CZ’s seems to get high marks from their customers. Really, any competent gunsmith should be able to finish ream it for you. Good luck!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    boatdoc likes this.
  4. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015

LOL babadabing11--I had an order for lee dies with optics planet too. the item turned out to be back ordered . I cancelled and moved on. Optics planet tends to suck lately. I try to avoid them

being ignored is my pet peeve

5. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    my mrs was adaman tly against reloading. It is saving money now,providing needed ammo and provided a solution to this issue.

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  6. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    CZC FINALLY emailed and offered a warrant repair. they redeemed themselves a bit

now that I can reload rounds that work, I am not touching a good thing --for now.

if it starts again,,,it goes back.

today I shot a few of the new reloads and they worked fine. Tomorrow I reload enough to really ring it out on friday--FINALLY. 2 months of frustration seem to be gone

Badabing11 and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  7. IndyExit

IndyExit Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2018
    I'm glad to hear you got taken care of. Stuart and Angus are the best and have a great reputation. This would have been the first time that I heard them not stepping up.

boatdoc likes this.
  8. IndyExit

Apr 30, 2018
    I reread you posts. The gun was unable to feed earlier in the day but now it's fine? That is super quick service!

boatdoc likes this.
  9. pcar157

pcar157 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 22, 2019
    Sometimes it helps to email and/or call Stuart directly.

boatdoc likes this.
  10. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    the gun jammed using some commercial ammo for weeks. I am finally able to reload 9mm now and worked all day sunday to find the right OAL and crimp that would feed and not jam. It wa sit and miss. lef t me wondering exactly what measurement was causing the jam--the crimp? , the OAL? the flare at the base of the case?..... Touched that up yesterday AM and tried out those loads and they loaded ,fired and ejected as they should have day 1 ( with any ammo not reloads adjusted for ONE gun)
    I loaded dummies to plunk test and then test if they loaded properly in the gun before I amde some live rounds Then I made the live rounds with a lower Overall Length at the suggestion of OWK and it worked so I did not have to send the gun back to have the chambe r opened up.

. Not sure why they did not step up right away . Glad I was able to reload(especially with an ammo shortage=no choices in ammo to buy and try). as long as I can reload and shoot what works in the gun..I am a very happy customer

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    IndyExit and Badabing11 like this.
  11. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    I did email several times without a response until AFTER I started this thread. no hard feeling. glad it worke d out

Badabing11 likes this.
  12. 1911E45

1911E45 New Member

Oct 17, 2020
    I just picked up a new CZC A01 LD Limited. It’s a really nice gun but for the $3400 price tag, I will say I’m disappointed. I have fought the ammo and tight chamber issue since I bought it. I also had light primer strikes on factory ammo. The fix was a new FP spring. I have two other CZ Pistols from CZ Custom and all my reloads and ammo runs through them fine.

That being said, I have adjusted my OAL of my hand loads. That eliminated some of the failures. Purchased an undersized die and that eliminated more failures. Today arrived after I ordered a roll-sizer tool. Now I only have a few jams in 100 rounds. I have a 9mm chamber Reamer on order. So total investment in trying to get this gun to run:
    Die $30.00
    Roll Sizer $750
    Reamer $87

I know after I ream the chamber it will run but now I have $4267 into the pistol. I should have bought another 1911 or 2011. Lesson learned.

I understand it’s a match chamber For accuracy but I have a Les Baer 9mm that’s eats anything I feed it and out shoots this CZC A01.

boatdoc likes this.
  13. 1911E45

1911E45 New Member

Oct 17, 2020
    I will say Stuart has been great to work with.

boatdoc likes this.
  14. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    my experience with him is the same. He was the one who stepped up to help.... my ammo works so I am good for now

15. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    me too. my LB( from Warparty) is stunning and flawless. I cherish it

until now my CZ guns have worked fine without issue.sometimes I think makers can go too far with designs.

why would a maker chamber a gun so tightly that it does not eat most ammo?

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  16. Brennerman

Brennerman Well-Known Member

May 12, 2020
    I have tried a 115 grain loaded at 1.149 and it didn’t pass the plunk test. For a cz p10f FYI.

17. Zippy

Zippy старая каза

May 14, 2016
    CZ Custom customer service is the absolute pits. Surprised they didn't blame you for the problem. That's how they did me x2 when I encountered recurring problems with a Bull Shadow 2 and a Bull Shadow SP-01. I'll never purchase another damn thing from them.

18. IndyExit

Apr 30, 2018
    Did you have a chance to contact Stuart for this issue? It appears multiple threads are running for the same issue which was apparently corrected?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted