1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 pistol equipped with a buffer tube and Shockwave Blade brace. It's a pretty slick set up and very handy but it does almost double the length of the gun. I have a discreet sports bag that it will fit in but the length and shape of it looks a little odd. I had seen the CZ Custom folding brace/stock adapter (https://czcustom.com/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1/evo-custom-parts/cz-evo-folding-brace-adapter.html) before and ordered one for my gun to hopefully be able to fit it in a more compact and unobtrusive bag or pack.

The adapter arrived today, shipping was fast and it was well packed. The part is extremely well made, with a smooth black finish. The buffer tube mount that was on the gun came off easily, it slides onto a couple of rails and there is a spring loaded button inside that goes into a hole machined into the mount, you just push the button in and slide the mount off. The CZC adapter slides on in the same spot and manner, though it fit quite a bit snugger, I had to give it a few taps with a nylon hammer to get it to lock into place. One it's on you just screw your buffer tube into place and use a lock ring to lock it down where you want it. One it's put together the brace is quickly and easily deployed. The adapter snaps solidly into place when extended and there is almost no play. You push a serrated button on the adapter to release it and fold the brace against the right side of the gun, the hinge has tension on it (I assume some sort of internal spring) to keep the brace against the gun, it's not as secure as a latch but it doesn't flop around. I'm not sure if it will eject empties so you an shoot it with the brace folded, I haven't had a chance to try that, yet. The best part is that with the brace folded the gun is only 16.25" long so I can fit it in a tool bag with some extra mags and through in the passenger seat of the Jeep without anyone giving it a second look. They aren't cheap, even on sale it was $185 plus $13 shipping, but it is well worth the price, adding a level compactness and portability you can't otherwise achieve with a brace or stock on the gun.
20200324_150520.jpg
20200324_150531.jpg

20200324_150458.jpg

This is what it looked like with the solid one piece buffer tube adapter/mount in place-

·
Registered
662 Posts
Very nice!!! I've been debating picking up the Scorpion EVO 3 S1 pistol myself. How do you like it?

Reactions: WC145

·
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice!!! I've been debating picking up the Scorpion EVO 3 S1 pistol myself. How do you like it?
I love it, it's a little beast!!! Took it out back Saturday and shot it, it ran perfectly, is very accurate and controllable with the brace. It's also very light weight and handy. Compared to my Kriss Vektor 9mm carbine this little gun has it beat hands down, the Kriss cool but next to the Scorpion it is big, heavy, and very unwieldy, even with a folding stock on it. If you can live with it being 9mm and using proprietary mags it is a perfect vehicle or bug out bag gun. Also, mags are very reasonably priced, I got a few 35rd Magpuls from Michigan Gun Works for just $18.95 a piece plus shipping.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You've convinced me! Thank you!

Reactions: WC145

·
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You've convinced me! Thank you!
And that's why addicts shouldn't look to other addicts to affirm their desire for their particular substance of choice.:roflmaro::D;)

I'm cleaning up the tool bag out of my truck now, when I'm done I'll post a pic so you can see just how compact this thing is when folded.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Would you also post a pic of the butt end of the brace?

I’ve got the Shock wave brave in mine and I’m looking for alternatives.

You are correct that the Scorpion EVO is a little beast. I love mine! And the Scorpion EVO carbine too.

·
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you also post a pic of the butt end of the brace?

I’ve got the Shock wave brave in mine and I’m looking for alternatives.

You are correct that the Scorpion EVO is a little beast. I love mine! And the Scorpion EVO carbine too.
I've looked at the EVO carbine, it's neat but looks like it would suffer similar size/bulk issues as my Kriss carbines.

Here are pics of the cleaned out Husky tool bag from my pick up. The Scorpion fits in it perfectly with the brace folded and a 20rd mag in it. I have a spare 30rd and a 35rd mag held together by rubber bands rolled up in a blue towel in the bag as well. This won't be permanent, I'll find another bag that has some sort of inside pockets I can put the mags in but it will do for now. In the meantime, it is the right size and won't scream "gun" or "tactical" sitting on the seat or floor of the Jeep. Of course the beauty of any compact pistol like this with a brace is that it gets around SBR laws and because it's a pistol most states allow loaded carry in a vehicle under their concealed carry laws.

The bag next to my lap top for size comparison-

This the folded gun on top of the 5.11 pack I had it in before. It fit perfectly in this bag with the brace locked in the extended position but you can see how it's kind of an odd size and might bring attention to itself.

And a pic of the butt of the brace for @gps man -

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Thanks! That looks great.

You are right that the carbine is bigger. It shoots great.

The pistol, ahh... it is a wonderful size and has all the advantages you list and show.

I’ve got a new red dot on the way for mine and once installed the EVO pistol will take up bedside duty.

·
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put a little Vortex Venom red dot on mine since I had one available. It's small but it cowitnesses perfectly with the factory sights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts