Dan Wesson CZ/DW LE/Mil Program - Experience?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Nicholst55, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Nicholst55

Nicholst55 Active Member

Jul 23, 2020
    I am retired military, and have enrolled in the CZ/Dan Wesson LE/Mil sales program. It will likely be a while before I make any purchases because I'm currently working overseas. I'm just looking for first-hand experience from anyone who has participated in the program. I also have two specific questions:

1. Does the discount beat real-world prices from someone like Bud's?
    2. How many firearms can I buy per year? I have children and grandchildren who need birthday and Christmas gifts.

Thanks!

1L26 likes this.
  2. tc215

tc215 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    Not sure if there is a limit, but the prices are better than Bud’s.

1L26 likes this.

3. monty_d_33

monty_d_33 New Member

Mar 20, 2019
    I purchased a P10F with the LEO discount. It was better than retail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1L26 likes this.
  4. swampgas

swampgas Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 10, 2019
    I use it frequently, especially on magazines. I have not used it for a gun tho.

1L26 likes this.
  5. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I purchased a P01 Omega on the program. Saved quite a few $. I don't know of a limit unlike Glock (limit 2 per year). I'm pretty sure my next purchase on the program will be for a CZ 97 BD.

6. IndyExit

IndyExit Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2018
    I'm pretty sure I'm one of your grandchildren

Old Sea Dragon, nod and Nicholst55 like this.
  7. Jigo23

Jigo23 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2017
    It is a very generous discount and greatly appreciated! Yeah it’s way better than retail anywhere, though available selections can be pretty scarce even before the mad rush set in and the discount is not offered on all models. You can just get on a waiting list though.

I’ve bought a lot of CZ’s but only used the discount program twice. For one thing, I didn’t want to be a hog and take advantage, and I’m one of those that never asks for a military discount and usually feel guilty taking one but it’s so nice that companies like CZ/DW, Glock, S&W, Vortex (30% all products) etc offer it to us. No, I don’t think they place any limit on number of purchases.

The other reason I’ve only used it twice is because I’m usually too excited to get my new CZ so don’t want to wait and would rather pay more and get it NOW...that whole Instant CZ lustful gratification thing! LOL

One thing I have made a point of doing is passing my great savings on to others if/when I have later decided to sell or trade my military discount purchases. Definitely wouldn’t have felt right making a profit from selling guns/scopes I got a big discount on. I’ve found it very satisfying giving other fellow gun enthusiasts great deals, especially for guys buying their first gun or guys I know whose budget for guns is extremely tight. Though sometimes they have wondered ok what’s the catch? Or what’s wrong with this gun that he’s selling it so cheap? LOL

Nicholst55 and 1L26 like this.
  8. Barstool Aviator

Barstool Aviator "Select Zone 5 and engage...."

Feb 25, 2016
    I have bought a DW Bruin with it back in 2017. It was the best price for a Bruin that I've seen. The only thing was I got dinged with sales tax which hurt and wasn't told up front.

Other then that I'd use it every time.

9. Tots

Tots Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I have used this program. The prices are discounted a significant amount (In my case - Valor - about $350) from retail. The CZs are a great deal as well. The program is updated every year so I would have to check on a purchasing limit.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted