CZ P 07 Omega

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Tarpon Hunter, May 7, 2019.

1. Tarpon Hunter

Tarpon Hunter Well-Known Member

May 29, 2018
    I've always preferred 1911's because of the great trigger and ergonomics but was interested in a 15 round gun. I would have bought a Sig P 229 Legion SAO but at the time they were nowhere to found. I am not a fan of DA/SA guns but saw that with the CZ Omega series you can easily change it to SAO, so I bought one. Plus it has a flatter trigger than the other CZ's

I was very surprised that it DA/SA trigger was so good that I didn't bother to change it. It's very accurate and reliable. The ergonomics on it are fantastic. Fits my hand like a glove. I also bought a Wilson Combat EDX 9. Functionally it's outstanding but I prefer the ergonomics of the CZ and standard 1911, though it conceals better than the others. I'm considering getting a CZ P 01 Omega for better concealment, being it's shorter in height

RN47 likes this.
  2. RIS

RIS Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2019
    I have a CZ P09 that I also love. I installed the Cajun Gunworks Pro Upgrade Kit myself and for about $800 dollars have in my opinion a better shooting gun than the Sig Legion. CZs are great guns and hard to beat!

Tarpon Hunter likes this.

3. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Now you’ve started down the cz rabbit hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarpon Hunter likes this.
  4. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    I have 2 CZ P-07s. I wanted something Glock 19 sized but DA/SA for appendix carry. I did replace the hammer springs and the firing pin springs - other than that they are bone stock.

As Mike Pannone says, ~ These are the best guns nobody has heard of.

When you handle and dry fire them, it is easy to be underwhelmed. When you put live ammo through them they really shine and their shooting qualities are excellent. They have very flat recoil characteristics and the trigger is easy to to run in both DA/SA mode.

Tarpon Hunter, gaijin and 1911fanatic like this.
  5. 1911fanatic

Nov 27, 2011
    I too, have 2 p07’s. Love them. PICTURE TIME!!![​IMG]

6. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    Like all soulless polymer blasters, they're not much to look at.... but they shoot and have been perfectly reliable.

DSC_0194.JPG

Lineman1982, gaijin, cgff and 2 others like this.
  7. Tarpon Hunter

Tarpon Hunter Well-Known Member

May 29, 2018
    They definitely look soulless but it comes alive in my hands like no other except a 1911. Effortless draw and point from CC. I wish they had this in .45 and not just their full size models.

You now how ASSUME goes.... I looked at and bought a Tanfoglio Polymer Witness carry in .45 assuming it was very similar to the P O7 specs. It was, somewhat, and it can be switched to SAO as well. But I'm blind as a bat and absolutely need a fiber optic front sight which was easily installed on the CZ. I picked the gun up from my FFL and the friggin' thing has a non replaceable front sight with a painted dot. I was not thrilled to say the least. The grip ergonomics are not quite the same either, the CZ being much better. The DA pull was ok but the SA, holy crap. It was hypersensitive. Lighter than my Les Baer and anything else I have. Now I'm trying to sell it and get the P-O1 Omega

8. 1911fanatic

Nov 27, 2011
    I rather like how they look, for plastic anyway. I had version 1 originally. The looks of the v2 are much improved. They still don’t compare to the elegance of the 1911 by any stretch, but for what they are and how they shoot, they are great pistols.

9. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    My Cajunized P-07 is 5,500 rounds old, and just keeps on rolling.

IMG_1866.jpeg

10. Baldwin

Baldwin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    My wife has finally decided to get a new gun to replace her Taurus. I have a G19 that she doesn't like because it doesn't have a conventional safety. She is comfortable with a DA/SA trigger so I'm suggesting she look at the P 07. The closest gun store that carries CZs is about 1 1/2 hours away and we're going there to check it out next week. I think I would like to have a P 01;). I bought my first CZ (Shadow 2) a couple of months ago. It's caused me to believe that CZ is the gun world's biggest secret.

1911fanatic and RN47 like this.
  11. 1911fanatic

Nov 27, 2011
    There is an od green po7 in the classifieds right now. Just throwing it out there.

12. Baldwin

Baldwin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Thanks for the heads up.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted