CZ P01

Discussion in 'Range Trips & Reviews' started by cgff, Apr 24, 2019.

1. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Took my newly traded into P01 to the range yesterday morning, 300 rounds down range and it just ran flawless, good grouping at the 7 & 10 yard line.
    I traded into a CZ as a few customers/range members offered me the opportunity the last few weeks to shoot there CZ pistols. Never owning a CZ before and with The original-original plan was a 9mm 1911, med bills & now a Rootcanal and crown have forced all builds and purchases down the road. So the next best would be a CZ and being I’ve shot a few the last few weeks the thought was a 2075 Rami, as it is going to serve range and CCW duty. Figuring this is as close In size to Defender as I’m going to get but in DA/SA & 9mm. Upon handling a PCR , and the P01 along side the Rami. The P01 won out.
    It’s an Alloy frame w/ rail but close to the size of a G19 or thick commander. The DA trigger is a tad heavy with some stacking, SA about 5lbs and a little gritty initially, but has already smoothed up a touch with just one range session, Reset is nice but not great, as compared to my P30 lem it’s sweet. Now after one range session I understand all the great comments about the CZs, There shooters.
    A few mods along the line of a set of Thin LOK grips, maybe a spring kit and a blacked out rear sight W/night sight front will make it just about right for its purpose. The spring kit will wait till I can get another 500 or so rounds through it, Just to see how it shakes out.
    To be honest a good cleaning & lube More bullets a sweet holster and mags is all that’s really needed, These CZ 75s Seem to be affordable shooters, and a hidden gem
    Oh and it fits in my TT gunleather snap slide for my G36, Now unfortunately I think my G36 will be the next candidate for trade fodder?
    Pic added is prior to range session,
    8E38D4F9-3BF0-4CAA-8A0D-95FD260BCCFC.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. RN47

RN47 I'm just here for the gas. Supporting Addict

Feb 22, 2018
    Let's see it!

cgff likes this.

3. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    great choice. CZ guns rock. the P-01 is a perfect carry gun enjoy the ride

cgff and FredZ like this.
  4. Ohio

Ohio I like this place !

Mar 22, 2018
    My P-01 has been designated “the” pistol I will never part with....just a great pistol. IMO, CZ’s are the best pistol value in the market...well made, reliable, accurate. Not the best refined pistols, but just very good ones.

villdetwink, boatdoc and cgff like this.
  5. RIS

RIS Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2019
    When you’re ready and can afford it check out Cajun Gunworks, the Pro Upgrade Kit will take all the grit out and make it on parr with the best triggers out there. CZs are great inexpensive pistols

cgff likes this.
  6. villdetwink

villdetwink ...Terminal Addict Supporting Addict

May 1, 2019
    Excellent report... the P-01 Omega (Black) is one of my favorite CZ's!

IMG_1200.jpeg

Tarpon Hunter and RN47 like this.
  7. Tarpon Hunter

Tarpon Hunter Well-Known Member

May 29, 2018
    The P-01 Omega is my next purchase. I have a P-07 Omega and love it but hope that the 01, being shorter, will print less.

cgff and villdetwink like this.
  8. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    P01 update,
    I received the LOK grips yesterday evening, what a world of difference from the factory grips.
    Now needing sights, thinking blacked out rear, night sight front.
    58F74FD9-C3A2-4E89-9EDD-40F772F9A7C0.jpeg

Update 5-12-19
    The grips work, world of difference for the good.
    currently now next step are sights. The P01 Front strap could use some checkering similar too as that on the Beretta M9A1. (Hmm)
    The P01 is still a keeper. It shoots nice I may try and run it in a steel challenge tomorrow evening.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  9. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Those look super thin. How are the ergonomics now?

10. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    World of difference from stock, I went thin but someone with larger hands I think should look at standard thickness. Very impressed with the Grips, grips are flat no palm swell.
    To be honest the impulse on trading into the pistol was waning, if the Grips ended up a flop up the road the p01 was going. Next up new sights.

gun_fan111 likes this.
  11. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    Nice choice! I have a couple of PCR's which are P-01's without the rail. I got my sights from the CZ Custom Shop. I went with a blacked out rear and F.O. front.

[​IMG]

FWoo45 and cgff like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted