1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

If you were not going to carry a 1911 any longer, but wanted to still go with a 45acp, which pistol would you pick to carry? Assume you have to pick from the many DA/SA pistols....or I guess we could include striker fired too.

For me, it would be either the SIG P220 or the HK 45c.

in Striker fired, I think it would be one of the smaller framed size GLOCK 30’s or the S&W M&P 45 compact. I might have to throw the Walther PPQ in 45acp in the mix too.
What would be your choices?

If you already carry one of these type pistols, speak up and maybe post a pic for the rest of us to enjoy??

Thanks all. Have a good week and PROTECT yourselves and your families.
Larry

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ive carried a Hk45c Da/Sa in a Sparks VM2 for a while. Just recently swap parts to make it a heavy Lem trigger. It was ok but decided to go with Light Lem trigger. I have a JM custom Kydex “george” holster on order and will be carrying AIWB soon after. I do have experiencing carrying AiWb with other pistols and prefer it over 4-5 o’clock iwb.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Had a buddy carry a HK45c for a very long time. I had a Sig 220, good pistol. If I wear to go the Sig 220 route I would look at their Legion version. I really like my 226 and 229 Legion pistols.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I’m a big fan of the S&W 3rd generation pistols. Though discontinued I haven’t heard of issues with replacement parts yet. Springs and mags will be available for a long while I’d think but you may be in trouble if you wear out a frame, slide or barrel. (Unlikely.) For a carry .45 I’d look for a 4516 (steel framed compact) or 4513 (same size, aluminum frame). The CS45 (“Chief's Special”) is slightly smaller but for me gives up a little ‘feel & balance’ that’s not worth the 1/2” in size or 1-2 ounces in weight.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I carried a Sig 220 for years so that would be my obvious choice.

Reactions: HooDoo Man

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a Smith, third generation, 4516 that is a wonderful carry pistol. Hides well, heavy enough , with the steel frame, to tame recoil, and as reliable as the sun coming up, or Andrew Cuomo on CNN every damn morning!!!

Gary

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I would try to find a sig p245 , great little pistol. I had one and regret selling it.
I second this. Got the first one in town. Carried it for several years. Buddy talked me out of it. It's a great gun!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts