Damn, some days I hate living in Maine...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WC145, Apr 7, 2018.

1. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    So, things were getting a little springish around here. The snow was mostly gone, we've had days in the high 40s and nights just below freezing helping dry the ground out so the mud hasn't been too bad. Decided that yesterday was the day to get my farm truck and the wife's Audi TT out of winter storage, it was sunny and warm, a little breezy. Got the new wheels and tires on the truck, drove it around all day, ran errands, picked up feed, did a couple of burnouts, satisfied my 4 1/2 month long blower whine jones. Mrs. WC145 drove the Audi to work, did her errands, it put a smile on her face, and all was right with the world.
    They predicted a dusting of snow overnight, no big deal, and I was looking forward to taking the truck out for a nice Saturday ride, maybe go to breakfast, scare some old ladies in the parking lot. Just have a fun morning before working on chores.:):joyful::laugh::smug::play::smurggrin::cool2:
    [​IMG]

And then night fell and that b!tch Mother Nature hooked up with that codger Old Man Winter and f**cked it all up.:eek1::cry::bawl::cry::bang::rage::punch::finger:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As much as I love living in Maine, and usually don't even mind the weather, it's times like this I hate it.:mad:

2. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Well at least you have a house with heat I’m sure!
    Your better off probably than those chickens are! Lol

ImperialBlade and WC145 like this.

3. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    I hear ya WC! Northern Michigan is much the same way. Snow was gone here, waited for the ground to dry up so I could shoot from the long winter hiatus. Over the last few days, we now have 6" on the ground. I miss shooting the monthly challenges, but until the weather cooperates, I am stuck waiting!

4. cghelton

cghelton Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2017
    YUCK! Don't miss that **** one bit. We just moved from Ohio a few months ago to Florida. I'll deal with the heat and the hurricanes. No thanks on the cold and snowy weather. :D

PS. Badass pickem up you got there Sir. Love that. RWD burnouts FTW. :)

5. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Moved from Upstate NY to Arizona, snow is just a bad memory at this point. Come to think of it rain is just a memory also.

boatdoc, KS95B40, wcanterbury and 2 others like this.
  6. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Had flurries all day before,right after pulling out an old atrium door.
    Luckily no accumulation!!
    But it's always those little "teasers"...go to sleep it's all good,wake up in another world!!!:eek:

boatdoc, wcanterbury and WC145 like this.
  7. blitz45

blitz45 Cogito ergo armatus sum

Nov 6, 2017
    I moved from Pittsburgh, PA to Myrtle Beach, SC about 13 years ago. Now that I have young kids, I think about all of the fun I had in the snow as a kid that they haven't experienced yet. My sister recently took her kids on a trip to the mountains to experience snow and I think that's a good idea.

8. Joseph Medugno

Joseph Medugno Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Moved from Mass to Florida to South Carolina. Could not move back to either Mass or florida. Mass is miserable and Florida has too many snow birds.

boatdoc, KS95B40, cghelton and 2 others like this.
  9. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Even though snow gets to be a real "melon-farmer" at times....I'd rather piss and moan about having to wear half my clothes every day over crying about heat and NEEDING A/C. yuk!
    Plus you guys ain't got basements,WTF is up with that???

10. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    Excellent points!

boatdoc, blitz45 and Kip like this.
  11. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Hey, at least you have a Jeep!

Kip and cghelton like this.
  12. removed

Aug 22, 2015
    I need to be a "melon" farmer, you know the blonde, brunette and redhead varieties! :)

13. removed

Aug 22, 2015
    I too used to live in Upstate, NY (Rochester/Webster) and then moved to TN. We really don't get snow. However, with get those things with high speed swirling winds, ever now and again this time of year. I believe they call them "tornadoes". I hear they make an awful mess of things. Hope I never meet one.

14. blitz45

blitz45 Cogito ergo armatus sum

Nov 6, 2017
    LOL, a basement is one of the things I miss the most about living up north. I had one hell of a man cave/game room down there.

After my first summer, I got used to the heat. But A/C is definitely a must. The weather has been so crazy lately that I've actually had to use heat and the A/C in the same day.

tac45, cghelton, wcanterbury and 3 others like this.
  15. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I'm with you. I can put on more clothes. When the dewpoint is 78, humidity 90% and it doesn't get below 80 degrees at night, there's no way anyone can enjoy that.

WC145, limbkiller and Kip like this.
  16. 808

808 Member

Jan 22, 2018
    It rained a bit here in NorCal. Does that count?

tac45, 1L26, WC145 and 2 others like this.
  17. Gimpster

Gimpster Kevin G Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2017
    This happens in Colorado as well. Good thing about spring snow storms......they don't stick around as long!

WC145 and Kip like this.
  18. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    You should move to Missouri. It’s perfect weather all year around here.

J/K. It sucks here too. LOL. We had snow on Easter. The good news is we are a tough bunch that powers through.

Kip, Raylan Givens and WC145 like this.
  19. WC145

Jan 1, 2013
    Ugh. That's one of the reasons I moved here from NC, the heat and humidity sucked. At least this snow will be gone in a day or two.

Kip and Raylan Givens like this.
  20. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Not much better here in Ohio. Getting down to 19 tonight lol or should I say cry out loud!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted