Damn STI website (paging Descartian and Nemain...)

Discussion in 'STI/2011' started by IANative, Mar 6, 2019.

1. IANative

IANative Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    The model names and features are changing so much and so fast I can't keep up. Can someone answer these questions for me, please?

1. DVC C- Website says it ships with one 126mm mag and one 140mm mag... but I thought the DVC Carry had a Guardian-sized grip and accepted 120mm mags. Am I wrong about that?

2. DVC P- (whatever the hell "P" stands for... Professional, I guess) What I believe to be the artist formerly known as DVC Omni. Does it only come in a HOST configuration now?

3. Also DVC P- The website lists the barrel as "Patented Recoil Compensation Barrel – 5.00", but I thought the Omni had a 4.15" bbl w/ comp. Has that changed, too?

I'm sure if I spent any time perusing the other models I'd have another 20 questions, but let's just start with these.

2. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I’ll answer with what knowledge I have.

1. The DVC-C is replacing the DVC Carry. It has always had a 120mm grip. If you look at the pictures for the C it now shows it with a full sized grip.

2. The DVC Onmi not DVC-P has always only been available with the HOST cut.

3. It still has the same barrel. Before they were counting the barrel and comp separate (why I do I throw because it was 1 piece). It is together a hair longer but for all intensive purposes it’s 5” overall.

Keep the questions coming.

3. IANative

IANative Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    So, if I understand you correctly, the DCV Carry was 120mm; the new DVC C is 126mm... and the Omni was- and the DVC P is- only available only in HOST configuration.

4. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Here is my Omni next to a 5"

[​IMG]

5. Smok3y

Smok3y Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Good catch on the DVC-C. Glad you mentioned that. I just assumed it was the new Carry with a shorter name. I have been toying with the idea of getting the Carry and considered just going with the C. That changes things.

6. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    Correct.

7. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I am hoping that STI is going to introduce a smaller grip for their carry guns. 120 mm was slightly less than 3/8 of an inch smaller than the standard grip and still longer than an officers grip. Hopefully they’ll come out with something closer to 113 mm like SVI uses

8. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    So the DVC Carry Plus has morphed into the new DVC C?

9. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    Correct. Of course it’s STI, it will change.

10. Nemain

Nemain Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Sorry, I’m late to the party lol! It looks like Descartian answered as good as possible. It looks like the new DVC-C has a longer grip than those of the past and takes 126mm and longer mags. However....STI has had some issues with the new molded grip so until that is sorted out you might still see some variations. I am guessing that they did this to accommodate the use of a flared magwell.

As stated above, the DVC-P is the new Omni. The “P” might stand for “Pinnacle”, not positive. The Omni and DVC-P only come with HOST cut and it’s always been that way. The new model DVC-P’s do come with a slightly different sight configuration which is an improvement for those running mini red dot sights and like to co-witness.

The DVC-P bbl is 4.15” and is roughly 5.1” oal with the comp.

Hope that helps.

HOGRIDER likes this.