Damn you GunBroker!!!

Discussion in 'STI/2011' started by Descartian, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Well I picked up another 2 2011’s so far this month. This is in a period where I’ve been saying I need to start thinning down my collection.

Keep an eye out in the classifieds for some of my pretties in calibers I don’t shoot much or guns that I have multiples of.

Hopefully I can stay off GB for a while.....

gun_fan111, FWoo45, ChuckC and 5 others like this.
  2. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    Well, what did ja get?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WC145 and WHEELS like this.

3. IANative

IANative Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Well... what did you get? Don’t be a tease...

4. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Good grief....you got it bad, brother.

5. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    More importantly or at least just as important no definitely more important what's coming up in the classifieds?

FWoo45 and PewPewPtwang like this.
  6. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I picked up my 3rd Total Eclipse in 9mm. This one is NIB unfired. Production date would be around 2010-2011.

I also picked up another Thoroughbred Custom. It has a STI 2011 frame. This one is a commander length barrel in 10mm. For those of you that are not familiar with Thuroughbred Custom, Bob Patterson was the owner/smith. I’ve never met or dealt with him but from what I’ve researched he was amazingly talented but a bit difficult to deal with and not the best business man. My other to TC’s are a 9x23 in 3.9” barrel format and a govt. length in 45. Cut and finish have been superb on his guns. I’m excited to get my hands on this one.

FWoo45, ChuckC, xerts1191 and 2 others like this.
  7. Alexy

Alexy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Photos please!

8. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
  9. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I have a couple each in 10mm, 45 and 40 that I don’t shoot much or are NIB. Maybe a couple carry guns in 9mm and a 5” 9mm.

I’ll get pics of the TC as soon as it comes in next week. I’ll try and get pics of the TE and it’s 2 siblings later this week.

10. Excursion12

Excursion12 Member

Jun 9, 2018
    5” 9mm 2011 or single stack?
    What is a total eclipse?

11. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    Double stack.

The Total Eclipse was a model STI briefly made. It was a ultra compact deep cover style double stack. It has a 3” barrel and 105mm grip. It has a proprietary reduced size leaf spring. You can’t get the mags, they are unobtainable.

I really like the model, it shoots very soft for its size and conceals easy even in hot Houston summers.

FWoo45 likes this.
  12. ChuckC

ChuckC Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2016
    I was looking at that thoroughbred! There’s been a couple of theirs that have popped up on there recently.

13. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    Yes. The last one I’ve seen before that was 2 or 3 years ago.

ChuckC likes this.
  14. Raydog1911

Raydog1911 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2019
    GunBroker should have a “ban me for one month” button on the site. :geek:
    Addiction is a harsh mistress.

firecatwilson likes this.
  15. firecatwilson

firecatwilson Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    I think the addiction feeds when you just window shop also, thinking you'll actually just look. That's always when I make a rash decision to increase my debt to income ratio.

I know I just need to not look, then they are never there (all those awesome deals!). Which is also why I tend to disappear from the forum for extended periods.

All of them, Enablers!!!

Raydog1911 likes this.