1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
I dont know anything, but Im in for the history lesson that is bound to get taught by the members of this board
They never cease to amaze me with their knowledge of firearms.

PS: Dude, you definitely have Dan Wesson fever! Haha

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up 4 while waiting for my Les Baer 6 inch.... If I sell a gun its only fitting to replace it... Im starting to choose quality over quantity. Honestly I was blown away by the quality of Dan Wesson. I sold all my Sigs, Kimbers in 1911 platform

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,300 Posts
What I see is a Razorback with a few cosmetic upgrades. Like the clark rib on top of the slide, the target sights on the rear, front strap checkering. Not much else I can see really special about it especially in just one view in a pic. It is becoming more obvious that their attempts at short run specialty pistols didn't have the impact on the market like expected. So any additional cost above a standard Razorback is more limited and worthy based on the additional cosmetic work as opposed to a rarity or collectible imo..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,300 Posts
I understand that, but again it's a glorified Razorback with cosmetic upgrades, you asked so there it is . Anything real special? No.. all dan Wesson 10mm have ramped barrels btw..

If you dig back a little further you can find what's called their patriot, which has an external extractor and was their precursor to their PM series pistols..

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep all 10mm, 9mm, .38S all have ramped barrels as well as all alloy framed guns (post CZ). These are just Razorback's with a adjustable sight, rib and in the catalogue they were listed to have an ambi-safety? I think they were trying new things in 2009 to test the market, I would guess, as they also did the SSC which was a one year only model and they did two limited edition models. Now the limited edition models have collector following, the Marksman and SSC were more a one and done type thing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep all 10mm, 9mm, .38S all have ramped barrels as well as all alloy framed guns (post CZ). These are just Razorback's with a adjustable sight, rib and in the catalogue they were listed to have an ambi-safety? I think they were trying new things in 2009 to test the market, I would guess, as they also did the SSC which was a one year only model and they did two limited edition models. Now the limited edition models have collector following, the Marksman and SSC were more a one and done type thing.
It was my understanding the SSC guns were made for and sold by CZ Custom, you can by one now on their site

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
It states in the ad they are made specifically for them and are not in the CZ-USA line up. That's probably why they disappeared from the DW catalogues. I guess it's more of an aftermarket customized DW????

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Looks like they did discontinue them in '09 but now and again make some batches for CZ Custom.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I picked up 4 while waiting for my Les Baer 6 inch.... If I sell a gun its only fitting to replace it... Im starting to choose quality over quantity. Honestly I was blown away by the quality of Dan Wesson. I sold all my Sigs, Kimbers in 1911 platform
Ya, I agree about the quality. When I first started looking at them, I couldn't figure out why they were so damn affordable. Shoulda bought many at that time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts