Dan Wesson 5" .45 Valor Blued, lightweight Aero Precision AR15s

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by hkpsp, Apr 13, 2019.

1. hkpsp

hkpsp Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Selling several brand new firearms hoping they will find a home were they will get used.

1. Dan Wesson Valor .45 5" 1911 with discontinued blue finish. This finish looks better than I can photograph and is my favorite over the stainless and duty coat. I bought this as brand new in the box and have not fired it. Because I cannot verify that this has not been fired outside of the factory I will describe it as used in excellent condition. Comes with two magazines, manual, DW sticker, lock, new set of VZ slim grips and original case.
    SOLD in 12 minutes for $1350 shipped

[​IMG]

2. Sub 6 pound Aero Precision AR15 rifle, brand new and unfired. Weights about 5 pounds 15 ounces according to my kitchen scale. Aero Precision Gen 2 lower with 15" enhanced mlok handguard, Ballistic Advantage low profile Hanson series 5.56 barrel, VG6 Gamma muzzle break, Magpul moe stock and grip, nickel boron trigger group.
    $725 shipped to your FFL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sub 6 pound Aero Precision AR15 rifle, brand new and unfired. Weights about 5 pounds 12 ounces according to my kitchen scale. Aero Precision M4E1 lower receiver with 15" Atlas mlok handguard, 14.5" fluted stainless Ballistic Advantage .223 wylde barrel with pinned and welded VG6 Epsilon muzzle break bringing the barrel to the legal 16", Larue MDT trigger, Aero nickel boron bcg, Radian raptor ambi charging handle, grey MFT battlelink stock and grip, KNS gen 2 mod ST anti walk pins. Seekins magazine release, ambidextrous safety and bolt catch.
    $1150 shipped to your FFL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Chris O, UBOATDOC, Fred_G and 8 others like this.
  2. chemos

chemos New Member

Oct 4, 2015
    I'll take the valor

SVG, Glock2740, Trashy and 3 others like this.

3. LBZ

LBZ Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2016
    I'll take seconds on the Valor.

4. postman10mm

postman10mm Active Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Damn, I’ve been looking for that Valor for months, thirds on the Valor.

5. Jim PHL

Jim PHL Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    You guys are right to go after that Valor. Last gun I bought was a blued Valor and even I was tempted by this one

dimedog and Glock2740 like this.
  6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    See, this is why I tell my Wife I need to stay up later, so that I can monitor the classifieds... LOL
    Good luck with rest or the sale. You have some great rifles!

Glock2740 and SVG like this.
  7. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Those Aero Precision builds also look tempting. I've had an itch to pick up an M5. Unfortunately, I'm broke. :cool:

Best of luck. Somewhere out there is a rifleman who is going to find this and get a good deal.

8. hkpsp

hkpsp Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    If anyone knows someone looking for nice rifle please let then know about these. They are all priced for much less than they cost to build. The Spartan battleworn and arctic camo are both limited edition builder sets from Aero Precision that are no longer available.

9. Caeserslegion

Caeserslegion Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Please excuse my ignorance, but is the .223 Wylde barrel capable of shooting other calibers? What is the Wylde cartridge intended for? I am interested I your rifles, by the way, so I hope that I am not wasting your time.

10. Jwp

Jwp Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 6, 2019
    It is made for 5.56x45mm Nato or .223 Remington.
    "Wylde" comes from name Bill Wylde who designed the barrel. There is not a cartridge called .223 Wylde.

It was designed to take advantage of the accuracy of the .223 Remington while withstanding the pressure of the 5.56x45 Nato.

https://www.americanweaponscomponents.com/clearing-the-caliber-confusion-223-wylde-vs-5-56-nato

B81 likes this.
  11. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    A standard .223 barrel = standard factory or reloaded .223 ammo only.

A Wylde .223 barrel = factory or reloaded .223 ammo or Nato .223 ammo (5.56x45 Nato)

Not only is the Nato round higher pressure, there is a slight difference in case dimensions if reloading, very slight.

You can also buy a different caliber barrel, several caliber choices, and change barrels and still use the same lower & magazines.

Jim D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    B81 likes this.
  12. hkpsp

hkpsp Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Jwp and Jim answered the question very well. Some believe the .223 wylde allows you shoot both .223 and 5.56 at a higher degree of accuracy.

5.56 barrels allow you to shoot both 5.56 and .223 as well.

Ballistic Advantage is now owned by Aero Precision and both the BA and Aero barrels are made by BA. Ballistic Advantage and Aero Precision barrels have a 1MOA guarantee when using match grade ammo. They have an excellent quality control and make very good barrels for the price.

13. Yogi619

Yogi619 Active Member

Dec 21, 2016
  14. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    You can safely shoot .223 ammo out of a 5.56 barrel but "NOT" the other way around even though it will chamber. NEVER shoot 5.56 Nato ammo in a gun chambered for .223 ammo.
    Yes, 5.56 ammo can be got cheap but DON'T try it.
    Jim D

Bloodhound likes this.
  15. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    There are still some 9mm FS SS valors on Gun broker. Look u Twogunjay.. Good prices as well. I will be buying one myself before they end up all gone.

16. Adawg

Adawg New Member

Mar 24, 2019
    As has been said, 223 Wylde can shoot both 223 and 5.56.

17. hkpsp

hkpsp Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Rifles are available, may have under priced the Valor based on the response.

18. hkpsp

hkpsp Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
  19. Migander

Migander Sun Rise or Sun Set

Jan 24, 2016
    I don't think you underpriced the Valor. It's cause it's blue. Not many blue guns these days. By the way I love blued weapons.

20. Migander

Migander Sun Rise or Sun Set

Jan 24, 2016
    On the M5 does it have an adj. gas block?
    What buffer and spring?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted