2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
i have shown this off in another thread but today I got to shoot it for the first time. I ordered it in late September and it was completed in only five weeks, way ahead of schedule. I have wanted to have a all steel 38 Super and choices for a new gun are limited. I had my mind set on an ED Brown Kobra Carry with a naked slide. On a whim I started emailing Keith Lawton at Dan Wesson and when I realized I could get my required features built by them for a grand less I decided to go for it. I spent a good hour and a half conversing with him and decided on the bead blasted stainless C-bob Classic Commander with a solid trigger, wood grips, and a brass bead front sight. As a lefty I also had a ambi safety installed. Despite the crude quality of my photos I assure you it is well built. I put the first 100 rounds through it without a hiccup.I shot Armscor ammo. Shooting offhand at ten yards I was able to shoot multiple magazines into fist size groups. I am confident it is more accurate than that but my eyes are not what they used to be. I am looking forward to training more with this pistol and expect to be carrying it soon. I am VERY pleased.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Oh @WHEELS . . . . .

DJD . . . . . .

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Very nice. Dan Wesson really seems to be on top of their game.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
5,790 Posts
OMG, I have the same model on order however I'm only a week into the waiting :(

I would be delighted if it showed up in 5-6 weeks when I was quoted 12-14. I sent Keith a Wilson BulletProof tactical "lo"-thumb safety, a 3-hole trigger and semi-extended slide-release (recessed) along with challis slim bushings for build and we are going to be using nightsights with the front having the orange ring.

Your CBOB looks amazing, I'm even more excited now and double-glad I didn't go with Ed Brown

Congratulations ;)

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I would be delighted if it showed up in 5-6 weeks when I was quoted 12-14. I sent Keith a Wilson BulletProof tactical "lo"-thumb safety, a 3-hole trigger and semi-extended slide-release (recessed) along with challis slim bushings for build and we are going to be using nightsights with the front having the orange ring.

Your CBOB looks amazing, I'm even more excited now and double-glad I didn't go with Ed Brown

Congratulations ;)
Expect to be very pleased , I know several other members are also waiting

·
Registered
287 Posts

Congratulations ;)
Did you have to provide the night sights or do they have them now with the orange front?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Congrats! That is one sweet heater!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
5,790 Posts
Did you have to provide the night sights or do they have them now with the orange front?
That's a still TBD, obviously the price of the gun includes sights so Keith was going to explore and see if maybe they (Dan Wesson) would just order a batch since we have a few months until the gun was completed so there wasn't a rush to decide.

Wilson had a couple on their site (with different heights) that I offered to send him but Keith said he wouldn't be sure of the proper front sight height until the build was completed.

Reactions: tc215

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have another 150 rounds through it without any hiccups. I added some new CMC magazines into rotation without trouble. I use them a lot in my various 45 acp guns so I would have been surprised if I had a problem. I need to recover from Christmas and then I will order another case of ammo. I cleaned it this morning and the quality is very impressive. It turned out really nice. I have the next week off so I will do some more shooting. I got a Ruger SP101 3" for my birthday so I am getting familiar with that too.

·
The Tinker
3,150 Posts
I want something like that, but in 40 S&W.

Nice looking pistola!

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Man, I can't stop looking at that pistol! She sure is a beauty!!

Reactions: Old Sea Dragon

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
4,848 Posts
Just Superb!!!

Congrats

Reactions: Wheels No More
1 - 18 of 18 Posts