Dan Wesson C-Bob Special Order 38 Super

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by Old Sea Dragon, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg i have shown this off in another thread but today I got to shoot it for the first time. I ordered it in late September and it was completed in only five weeks, way ahead of schedule. I have wanted to have a all steel 38 Super and choices for a new gun are limited. I had my mind set on an ED Brown Kobra Carry with a naked slide. On a whim I started emailing Keith Lawton at Dan Wesson and when I realized I could get my required features built by them for a grand less I decided to go for it. I spent a good hour and a half conversing with him and decided on the bead blasted stainless C-bob Classic Commander with a solid trigger, wood grips, and a brass bead front sight. As a lefty I also had a ambi safety installed. Despite the crude quality of my photos I assure you it is well built. I put the first 100 rounds through it without a hiccup.I shot Armscor ammo. Shooting offhand at ten yards I was able to shoot multiple magazines into fist size groups. I am confident it is more accurate than that but my eyes are not what they used to be. I am looking forward to training more with this pistol and expect to be carrying it soon. I am VERY pleased.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    Congrats! You did good, ordering something to spec assuring it would be just right.

3. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Oh @WHEELS . . . . .

DJD . . . . . .

Dwe and WHEELS like this.
  4. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    Thank you

5. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Very nice. Dan Wesson really seems to be on top of their game.

6. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    wcanterbury and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  7. tc215

tc215 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    Nice.

I had a .38 Super VBOB built for my dad at the beginning of this year. He really likes it.

8. azguy1911

azguy1911 Screw it, I'm buying more 1911's

Oct 22, 2015
    OMG, I have the same model on order however I'm only a week into the waiting :(

I would be delighted if it showed up in 5-6 weeks when I was quoted 12-14. I sent Keith a Wilson BulletProof tactical "lo"-thumb safety, a 3-hole trigger and semi-extended slide-release (recessed) along with challis slim bushings for build and we are going to be using nightsights with the front having the orange ring.

Your CBOB looks amazing, I'm even more excited now and double-glad I didn't go with Ed Brown

Congratulations ;)

9. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    Expect to be very pleased , I know several other members are also waiting

10. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Jeez! Great pistol in an awesome caliber. Think you could send it to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  11. tc215

tc215 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    Did you have to provide the night sights or do they have them now with the orange front?

12. Journeyman1234

Journeyman1234 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2017
    Congrats! That is one sweet heater!

13. azguy1911

azguy1911 Screw it, I'm buying more 1911's

Oct 22, 2015
    That's a still TBD, obviously the price of the gun includes sights so Keith was going to explore and see if maybe they (Dan Wesson) would just order a batch since we have a few months until the gun was completed so there wasn't a rush to decide.

Wilson had a couple on their site (with different heights) that I offered to send him but Keith said he wouldn't be sure of the proper front sight height until the build was completed.

tc215 likes this.
  14. Old Sea Dragon

Feb 10, 2018
    I have another 150 rounds through it without any hiccups. I added some new CMC magazines into rotation without trouble. I use them a lot in my various 45 acp guns so I would have been surprised if I had a problem. I need to recover from Christmas and then I will order another case of ammo. I cleaned it this morning and the quality is very impressive. It turned out really nice. I have the next week off so I will do some more shooting. I got a Ruger SP101 3" for my birthday so I am getting familiar with that too.

15. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I want something like that, but in 40 S&W.

Nice looking pistola!

16. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I really like mine, I think the 3" is the perfect size for a revolver.

17. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Man, I can't stop looking at that pistol! She sure is a beauty!!

18. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Just Superb!!!

Congrats

WHEELS likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted