Dan Wesson Customer Service

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by TexasBB, Jan 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TexasBB

TexasBB Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 23, 2014
    I bought a DW Guardian the first of December after hearing so many positive reports of their guns and their customer service. The gun has continued to malfunction with FTF's and Failure to lock back after 550 rounds. I have used 9 different mags from 3 different manufacturers with the same result. So, on Dec 17th I called DW and told them the problem. They told me they would send me a link to send it in. The guy asked for my email but was in a hurry and did not check the spelling, I just assumed he looked me up as I have registered the gun under warranty. A week later, no label, and yes I have checked my spam folder and yes, my email is working properly. So I called and left a message. It was the day before Christmas eve when I called and left the message, so I was not expecting to hear back for a few days. Yesterday, Jan 4th, I finally get a message from a guy at DW asking me to send him my email address, so I did. Today, the 5th, still nothing. I call DW and dial his extension and while I am talking to him, a woman comes on the phone and then disconnected. Call right back and goes to message. Still no word and still no label. Waiting 19 days and counting just to get a label. In the meantime, My TRP locked up last week, I'm pretty sure because of operator error. I called SA, gave them my email address, got a shipping label in less than 15 minutes and I shipped it to them, arrived on New Year's eve. Got a call today telling me it was fixed and ready to ship back. I'm sure many of you have had great experiences with DW, but as for me? Not impressed. At all. This has been my first experience with DW and I'm definitely inclined to make it my last.

2. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    Springfields customer service has always been first rate.
    Sorry to hear about your issues with DW
    Frank

EXFI, jakebrake and TexasBB like this.

3. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Well now dang if this isn't bothersome news.
    As an owner of Dan Wesson it bugs me to hear this.
    I've never had an issue with mine and never needed customer service but would like it to be helpful if and when it's needed.
    Sure is a shame.
    Hope you call them back and get this straightened out asap.
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
    Don't give up stay on course, they should come around.
    Try another call.

4. B_RAD

B_RAD You serious, Clark?

Jan 15, 2012
    Sorry to hear about your problems.

I've had the exact opposite experience with DW customer service.

I had issues with my VBOB, that where my fault. They sent me the return tag immediately and I had it shipped within a day after calling them. I got notification once it was received by them and updates weekly for 4 wks until I got the email saying it was completed and on the way back to me.

I also asked for them to install a blended thumb safety.

They corrected the problem I created and replaced the thumb safety at no cost!

In my opinion their CS is as good as it can be!

Again, sorry to hear you having issues but I'd chalk it up to a bad few weeks, or something else, but I'd give them another shot.

Hope it gets worked out for you!

5. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Well dag dabit if you didn't just flip that coin to the other side.
    I like hearing this a lot better.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Sterling Archer and B_RAD like this.
  6. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Send [email protected] email explaining your issues you will have a tracking label today more then likely. He is the boss down there and emailing is better method then called then nothing gets lost in translation on the phone. Sorry to hear your issue but I assure you this is not normal for DW.. When my front fiber optic broke in my pm9 I had 2 new ones in 2 days.

7. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Wow, certainly hope your CS experience was a fluke. Still, though, for you it doesn't make it any better that others have had good experiences. Hope DW gets it straightened out for you. Springfield CS is near legendary.

1911fanatic and EXFI like this.
  8. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I have not had any luck with them so far. It is not exactly customer service for repair work but, I've been trying to order extra magazines from them and everytime I've called the people whom I talk to seem to be very rude. I placed an order and called approx 3 weeks after order was placed online to inquire and was basically told they have the order and illegal them when I get them and not any sooner and they cannot give me any type of estimate on time!!! It could be a day to a few months?????? Really, they do not have any idea when there own items might be made. Whoever they order them from should have a time frame to give them. I personally have never heard of a business doing sakes like that, just my .02

9. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Checkmate makes Wesson mags.
    Go buy Tripp.

Blue Ridge, EXFI, B_RAD and 1 other person like this.
  10. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    If you are dead set on Wesson mags I'll sell you mine and I'll go buy the tripp research 8 rounders.
    How many mags you want?

william adams and EXFI like this.
  11. B_RAD

Jan 15, 2012
    I've got some I'd sell too!

12. TexasBB

Nov 23, 2014
    I'm not wanting to buy any more right now as I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it once this is all resolved. I've got a bad taste in my mouth right now but I guess we'll see. The guy called me back and said my email was being rejected on his end. Not sure why no one ever called to tell me that since it was almost 3 weeks ago. Oh, well. He asked for some info and I've sent it to him now we wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Codename Duchess Supporting Addict

Aug 30, 2015
    Sorry to hear all that, it certainly sounds frustrating.

I have no experience with DW's CS but I've interacted with Keith plenty and he's always been a pleasure to work with, even with my never ending requests.

k38 and 1911wheelsnomore like this.
  14. jakebrake

jakebrake middle aged white guy

Mar 27, 2013
    prices?

15. TexasBB

Nov 23, 2014
    The Wesson mags didn't work either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Codename Duchess Supporting Addict

Aug 30, 2015
  17. Babboonbobo

Nov 18, 2014
  18. B_RAD

Jan 15, 2012
    I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I think it's unrealistic the think they can call you back when they didn't get your email. Most all customer service outfits get too many phone calls every day to call everyone who says they're gonna send emails then doesn't. Or when they don't come thru.

So, I'd chalk this up to maybe being your fault or at least a freak incident.

19. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    No sorry missed that they are 45.

20. Babboonbobo

Nov 18, 2014
    Ok, thank you anyways.
    That is part of my problem, 9mm

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted