1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Valor Commander for carry. Beautiful 1911, and an awesome introduction to Dan Wesson Quality.

However, I quickly found out I want to go a different route for concealed carry.

My first instinct is to sell/trade it for an ECO. However, are there any additional officers frame offerings I am missing?

For me, CCO is a non-starter. The aesthetics and balance just isn’t right for me. I’m really wanting to stay at the 3.5-4” barrel, and at the price point of the ECO.

Many thanks, Jake

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,058 Posts
There's not tons in the 3.5-4" market, in that $1.200' ish range.

Honestly, a bobtail makes a huge difference when you carry, I'd look at a DW Guardian, you can carry 10+1 with Wilson magazines and you have the aluminum frame and the price is right

Reactions: TheCollector

·
Registered
491 Posts
That size? That price?
ECO or search for a cheap, old Colt Officers and have it tweaked to your liking. (Love my ECO but plan B would be fun too!)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Feel the same way about CCO and love my DW ECO. I carry that or a commander-sized bobtail.

ETA: I had a DW CCO and a Nighthawk T3 and got rid of them both — the DW CCO before getting the ECO, and the Nighthawk afterward.

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Me? I'd get a Colt OACP and call it a day. Oh wait I already did that. EGW / Clark plug, recoil assembly, bushing. Carries great, not much more concealable either. Mine is steel frame so theres some weight, but I've found that preferable for me in 45 auto.

Now that Guardian in super 38 that's listed? If you get along with bobtails that would be a sweet setup. Good luck with your decisions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have a Valkyrie in 9mm in the rotation. Got a great deal on it and am not disappointed, not as refined as my Wilsons, but after about 5k rds no issues. Carry it appendix with a T-Rex, very light and comfortable.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I have a very nice black ECO in 9mm with everything if you are interested in a trade. Also have a brand new Milt Sparks Criterion for it for sale. Send me a PM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts