Dan Wesson Kodiak

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Hunt5877, May 4, 2019.

1. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Dub, 1911 crazed, 1L26 and 1 other person like this.
  2. AJP

AJP Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2017
    I think it is an improvement over the Bruin. I hate to say it, but my butt hurt over their discontinuing of the Valor line has made me pretty closed minded towards the rest of DW's lineup

3. Barstool Aviator

Barstool Aviator "Select Zone 5 and engage...."

Feb 25, 2016
    While I do like more options, I like my Bruin better. Just think its a better looking 1911.

Steve Owens likes this.
  4. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    I guess I'm kind of surprised that they didn't have something to replace the Valor, a different or new 45 or 9mm offering. Kodiak is cool but I'm not running out to buy a 6" 10mm.

Steve Owens and AJP like this.
  5. remanaz

remanaz Active Member

Apr 14, 2019
    That gun looks nice. But I am not fond of the new direction DW is heading in. :(

6. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I hate to say it, but as big of a Dan Wesson Fan as I have been, I too feel like (CZ) has made some pretty bad decisions concerning where their line up is going.. I can understand a few models maybe weren't doing what they had hoped, but man, they've discontinued 4 pistols in their line up and every one of them as far as I can tell were popular models. And the things they have chosen, the ECP, TCP, This "Jalopy" imo.. and letting go of their flagship model, makes you wonder what marketing Genius come up with that business plan.. I was initially excited about the ECP as I had mentioned just a few months before they announced a bull barrel pistol, that I'd like to see them come out with one. If I knew it was going to be at the expense of some other very fine offereings, I would of told em to keep em. Then I just didn't dig the design of the ECP as a Tri-top is just not everyone's flavor. Oh, well I guess we will see if they come to their senses. My bet is if they don't want to lose it, they better re-introduce the Valor, and something comparable to the Valkyrie..

simonp, Hunt5877, 1L26 and 4 others like this.
  7. 2sharp2

2sharp2 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Looks pretty good to me except for the rail, not a "rail" kind of guy.

8. remanaz

remanaz Active Member

Apr 14, 2019
    I feel the same about the ecp and TCP. I love both my ecos but I would have preferred them without the tri top. The serrations atop help distract my eyes from the tri top thankfully. The Silverbacks and Valors were very popular models. The CCO at least have a replacement and with checkering. If I did not already have 2 of them, I would get a vigil cco.

Hopefully they do not try to fill the void STI has left behind with the odd slide treatments and more interesting hammer shapes.

AJP, Old Sea Dragon and FredZ like this.
  9. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    I like it. I know many mourn the loss of the Valor, but the market will decide DW's fate. They still have many fine offerings and their willingness to build special order guns for customers, like my 38 Super C-bob, makes them very unique. I have not shot it much yet, but the first 300 rounds have been Malf free. Half the price of a Semi custom. I am pleased. I will look more into this new offering as a long slide ten would be very cool for long range shooting and hunting.

Hunt5877 likes this.
  10. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    I think everyone is a little butt hurt on DW's decision to drop Valor and come out with these new models. That said, I did purchase a ECP and like the gun very much. The quality is still there but features like a brass ball front sight on an "enhanced" carry gun and tri top slide makes me wonder if they hired people from Kimber's design team to improve their line up. I would think a 6" 10mm railed Kodiak would attract a pretty small market share. Sales figures by the end of 2019 may help DW rethink their product offerings.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Steve Owens, Raven312, AJP and 3 others like this.
  11. 98cwitr

98cwitr Member

Apr 11, 2018
    This is to compete with SA's TRP 10mm variant. I think this is a great option at the competitive price. I might actually save some coin over the Titan/NHC President and just get this instead.

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  12. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I’m not in the market for a 10mm so this pistol doesn’t do much for me. I’m surprised DW didn’t bring this gun to market with the option to mount an optic. The tri tops on their new carry guns make it almost impossible to have them milled for an optic.
    Red dots on pistols are a big part of the future. DW should get on board.
    Jeff

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted