Dan Wesson PM-C

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by OlympicFox, Jun 26, 2020.

1. OlympicFox

OlympicFox Active Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Hi folks,

I've been a fan of Dan Wesson 1911s for a while now and I've had the pleasure of owning a dozen or so of them. A couple of years ago I bought a PM-C in 9mm with the intention of mounting an RMR to deal with my mid-70s vision problems. I refer to this one as PM-C #1 - yeah, I know, very original. I bought #2 a few weeks ago - it will be my IDPA CCP Division gun to replace my STI Guardian.

The trigger was a tad heavier than what I prefer, but otherwise it ran like a scalded turkey. Sweet. Sent it off to have the RMR mounted. Excellent work, but the slide was very sluggish with the additional 1.4 ounces on top. Unfortunately, the Trijicon mount needs to go on a diet but I decided it would easier to put the slide on a diet. So, off she went to Gary Natale for 3 ports and a little flat topping between the front sight and ejection port.

I'd expected to have to do some finishing when it came back, but Gary did an excellent job. I couldn't be happier with the finish.

So, what did the diet do? Well, the stripped slide weighed 301 grams when it left an 288 grams when it came home, so the total weight loss was 13 grams or 0.464 ounces. Not as much as I'd hoped for, but my hunch is that by taking care of the grams, the ounces will take care of themselves.

We'll find out how she runs tomorrow. In the meantime, here are the photos:

The bare slide
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ready to rock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nef, CardiacColt68, RIS and 11 others like this.
  2. WoodrowAugustus

WoodrowAugustus Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    That turned out nice! Well done sir.

3. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    Very nice looking work. That should help your cause. Maybe some spring testing will be the final factor.

What loads do you intend to run ?

I’ve been enjoying a PM-C in 9mm for the past few months. It’s been trouble free and fun to shoot.

4. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    That looks pretty dang good!

5. OlympicFox

OlympicFox Active Member

Dec 15, 2011
    My EDC load is usually 147gr HST +P, although sometimes I run Winchester 127gr +P+.

150gr Federal Syntech was the perfect IDPA CCP match load for the 3.9" STI, but most of my practice is done with 153gr Bear Creek. FWIW, the 150gr Syntech ss about 5K hotter out of the 4.25" PM-C, so I'll definitely build a match load for it running either 150gr or 170gr Bear Creek RN's over N320 or W231.

Dub likes this.
  6. pcar157

pcar157 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Hey Fox, who did the slide milling for the red dot?
    Thanks

7. OlympicFox

OlympicFox Active Member

Dec 15, 2011
    L&M Precision GunWorks

8. pcar157

pcar157 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2019
  9. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    That's a looker :D did you ever tell us how she shot ?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted