Dan Wesson Pointman PM-9

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Jim Lyles, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Jim Lyles

Jim Lyles Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    If this is the wrong place to post this please delete or move. So I have always wanted a DWPM9 and just picked one up. There is little info out there on DW. This is a fairly early one...Does anyone know some history on this model? When first made? Differences of the early ones and current ones? Anything else would be nice. Thanks

2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    We have many DW fans and arm-chair experts here, someone will be able to help. Pictures also greatly aid in providing accurate information.

:popcorn:

3. Jim Lyles

Jim Lyles Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Thanks, it's not a pre-CZ but a relatively early CZ, 2010, early serial number FullSizeRender.jpg .

Diggs19116, boatdoc and BR549er like this.
  4. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    One of my first 1911s was a 2009 Dan Wesson PM-9 and it was awesome for 7000 rounds in my hands. Even now, the PM-9 is still one of the best choices out there for a 9mm 1911. Your serial number may shed some light on the year of make. Earlier ones had a cast frame and some cast , maybe MIM, parts. I never had a problem with the frame or those parts on my 2009 9mm.

5. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I always wanted one too. finally got one before the hand surgery. in the few hundred rounds I put down the pipe, I fell in love with it and realized I have excellent taste in guns--especially Wessons ;)

Jim Lyles likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted