1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,547 Posts
Just saw on Buds a new Dan Wesson Valkyrie .45ACP 4.25" Night Sight for $1065.00. Seems like a great deal. Anyone have a Valkyrie in 45 ACP and 9mm. Seems like I would prefer a pistol this small in 9mm. Thoughts?
I have both but in the discontinued Commander format. Both are fantastic.
However I have no interest in a CCO. Therefore nowadays if the Commander is not available I would choose to purchase the Guardian.
If recoil bothers you,the 9mm is perfect if you want a light weight carry gun.
Personally I would choose the .45.

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
What Dwe said ^^^^^^ I too find it disheartening that they now make the Valkyrie in the CCO instead of the Commander. I should have kept the one that Mrs. C. had. :frown:

Reactions: colrhino

·
الواحد
1,336 Posts
Valkyrie in commander only for me. If it is less than 5” of barrel it has to be 9mm or 38super. I really don’t care for CCO though I did handle a new Colt CCU CCO with a magwell that wasn’t bad but I bet I would pinch my hand doing a reload with it.

·
Kickin back a little
1,012 Posts
Unfortunately most of the GB listings are hovering around the $1,400-$1,500 range which is unacceptable.

·
Registered
318 Posts
What Dwe said ^^^^^^ I too find it disheartening that they now make the Valkyrie in the CCO instead of the Commander. I should have kept the one that Mrs. C. had. :frown:
I have both but in the discontinued Commander format. Both are fantastic.
However I have no interest in a CCO. Therefore nowadays if the Commander is not available I would choose to purchase the Guardian.
If recoil bothers you,the 9mm is perfect if you want a light weight carry gun.
Personally I would choose the .45.
The CCO version was discontinued at the same time as the commander version— their website just doesn’t reflect it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.