1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the knowledgeable group. Hope this is the appropriate place.

I have been looking for an DW Valor. Kinda wanted Duty Finish but have found one in stainless LNIB for $1400. Ive found the MSRP and some adds with no bids for much more. My question, is this a good price based on what you all see in the market places?

Having just dropped $1000 on a Valkyrie I’m a bit tight but can make it happen. Looking for some expertise as to pricing on these.

Thanks

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,059 Posts
9mm or 45?

If you want duty treat, get duty treat, I'm guessing you can get one LNIB for less than that but they are harder to come by now.

Reactions: Ring3 and Kip

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,071 Posts
I would be comfortable at something closer to $1200ish.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,059 Posts
BTW, there's many factors in price, if you do GB is there credit card fees (3%), shipping, sales tax vs a cash F/F transaction a few towns over (who couldn't use a nice drive now-a-days).

I usually like pre-loved guns, many times you get a good deal and in some cases extra magazines or other goodies (holsters, etc).

I think I paid $1,050 for a 9mm Guardian a while back with 5 magazines and honestly the gun looked new even though it was reported to have 500 rounds through it.

I gave it to my dad who struggled for weeks to get the thing apart and back together because the gun was so freakin tight. It took several thousand rounds to get that thing broken in where you could get the bushing off without thinking about it.

Reactions: Ring3 and Whiten

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here is a brand new duty treat in 9 for $1,300. I’ve bought a few off him and had a good experience. They are usually new old inventory so might be a 16 or 17

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863611815
I bought one exactly like that, from that vendor! It is inbound to my FFL. From the photo, I am pretty sure it is NOS. I will check the SN to confirm. That's okay, because I like the features and wanted the 9mm. There is a "new" Valor for 2020 that has a few visibly different features (e.g., ambi safeties, "K Trigger," different checkering on the front strap, etc.) that can be sussed out by comparing photos of older Valors with the ones on the DW web site. List prices are $1,864 in Stainless, $2,181 in Black.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Yeah, $1,200.00 for a Valor in Stainless is good. Make the offer and write the check... Good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
My Valor arrived and it is fully up to expectations. Yes, it was made in 2017 and is NOS. The 2020 re-issue, with the ambi-safety, "K Trigger," different (orange) front sight, etc., should be available soon - and as these things go, should be selling for something closer to its list price.

Anyone looking to buy a Valor should check the DW web site for info on the "old" (discontinued) Valor and the 2020 Valor, and make sure you are getting the one you want. (I don't see a 9mm version in the 2020 variant yet, but it is likely to follow).

2020 re-issue: https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/valor-2/

Discontinued variant: https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/valor/

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts