Date set for Bob Vogel Pistol Course

Discussion in 'Training' started by rsxr22, Nov 13, 2011.

1. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Hey guys! I finalized the date today with Bob. The class will be an all day event on April 15th, which is a sunday. I have not finalized location and do not know what you will be required to bring as of yet, but I will let you know shortly.

So far from 1911 addicts, I have these people scheduled...

Don
    Derek
    Chieh
    Steve Adkins
    Mike Eagle +1

If we get 4 more definite "yes'" from some guys on the forum, we can have the class completely reserved for the addicts. Is there anyone else interested? If so, please contact me through PM. The course fee will be under $200, but not sure of exact price depending on whether we have to pay for range usage or not.

2. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks for getting this set up. I'm looking forward to it.

3. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    It will be good indeed!!! Bob said he could even scrounge up a 1911 from somewhere as well, but if he shoots it, no pics of him!

4. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    +1 for the "Thank you!" :hail: :thumb: I can't wait!

Oh, BTW, "Chieh" = "Allen." It's just easier that way. :wink: :smile:

Or you can call me "Jet," 'cause Jet Li's Chinese name is pretty much the same as mine - but I somehow got stuck with the uber-un-cool "Chieh," while he's "Jet!" :lol:

LMK when/how to square-up w/payment.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  5. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    Ill probably be brining a Glock lol. Any idea on round count?

6. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That is all going to be figured out very soon... But most one day courses ive been to are between 5-7

7. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    What's the max on the class?

8. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    He said he prefers 8-10 max! Im sure we could sneak one more in on the class, but i was hoping to make myself #11

9. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    added paul today, JJ is a maybe at this point. So that leaves 2-3 slots left. If i can get definite responses from 3 others they will get priority in the class.

10. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Damn it, just found out that we will be out of town that weekend! FUQ!!!

11. WahWah

WahWah Debbie Downer ... WahWah! Supporting Addict

Oct 26, 2011
    Make me confirmed. I'll make it 100% :thumb:

12. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    10-4! Just re-read the PM.

2 more slots boys! Who wants em?

13. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Trevor just committed as well.

14. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Ok guys... Just got the email back from Bob. the course requirements are not that detailed....
    gun
    ATLEAST 2 mags
    holster
    magpouches
    eyes
    ears
    500+ rounds

**** Since this class is going to be entirely a forum course, I will let you guys decide on the class structure. Bob is a world class competition shooter, but he is also LEO and SWAT Instructor. I know many hear do not compete and I want to know if you want it structured around Defensive or Competition. When thinking about IDPA, there is not that much of a difference, however, it is still a game and a lot of instruction i have had has been game oriented.

15. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I'd like a defensive/combat oriented class, but that's just me, since I don't (yet) game or compete. :smile:

16. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I could go either way... I want to compete so that would be handy... but I defer to the rest.

Curious if anyone knows for sure what they will be going with?

17. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    If I shoot in the class, I will have my CQB and 34

18. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    I just mainly want to learn to shooter better at a higher rate of speed. That applies to everything. But since he is SWAT we should definatley have a dynamic shoot house with solo and team room clearing :). Oh, a rapid rappel from aerial platform, and underwater Glock shooting skills lol.

I vote for defensive/combat shooting, and it would be sweet if there was any possible way to incorporate armed movement in structures.

19. WahWah

WahWah Debbie Downer ... WahWah! Supporting Addict

Oct 26, 2011
    I do some IDPA shooting so accuracy and speed while moving and being presented with various scenarios and targets is what I'm hoping.

20. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I'll be using my usual, my XDm9s. Unless we go to concealment, I'll likely stick with my full-sized.

----

RE: skills/aims/goals -

I am also currently at the point of wanting to shoot better, faster. Movement, including barricades, is also a want and a need.

I don't have a need for tactics, yet, and am still in the basics of weapons manipulation stage. :embarrassed:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted