close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daughters' Party today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pscipio03, Aug 12, 2017.

1. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL Supporting Addict

Mar 11, 2013
    Oldest turned 5 and the youngest turns 2 in a couple weeks, but we had the parties combined.
    Amazing watching them grow up. Nothing better, and oddly, nothing that can give you more anxiety.
    Already I'm seeing little 4 and 5 year old boys at the party and thinking, "In 11 years kid, I'll kick your ass if I need to".

2. kellingtonw

kellingtonw Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 3, 2017
    Put them into a martial arts class! I have three grown girls. Trust me on this. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

3. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    They grow up so fast. Blink and they are gone, my friend.

Spend all the time you can with them.

kellingtonw and Raylan Givens like this.
  4. wcanterbury

wcanterbury NRA Life Member, GOA Member Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Raise them up in the ways of the Lord and they will not soon depart.

Raise them as good girls and they will probably turn out to be good women. The key is your love and close involvement in their lives!

You must not only look good, you must be good...

5. 1911wheelsnomore

1911wheelsnomore LET IT RAIN !!! Supporting Addict

May 12, 2015
    This is good advice.
    I'm dropping mine off for college this weekend.
    This is very hard to do.
    Even though I know this is not goodbye. :cry:

6. wcanterbury

wcanterbury NRA Life Member, GOA Member Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    I really hope she comes back as part of the family! :D

7. WC145

WC145 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Enjoy this time with them while you can, I remember when my daughter turned 5, seems like just the other day. Last weekend I took a trip to Kansas, where she lives, to meet her fiancé and his family. It feels like the 21 years since that 5th birthday party have gone by in a blink of the eye.

boatdoc, kellingtonw and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  8. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL Supporting Addict

Mar 11, 2013
    Yup, goes quick. Just took the 5 year old out of her car seat and into a booster seat for the car. Got excited that I could now put my driver's seat back further, then dawned on me that she was growing up.

kellingtonw and Bro. Pappaw like this.
  9. otofly

otofly Active Member

Mar 4, 2017
    All the above advice is perfect. As the father of 3 girls and one son, enjoy every minute with your children. Spend as much time as you can with them. Go to all there sporting events, plays , music recitals. and eat dinner with the family together every night. They will always remember that you were there for them, not how much things you gave them or how much money you make or don't make. Lead by example, it helps when your wife or partner is always on the same page with you. Especially after 35yrs. When that man asks you for your daughters hand in marriage, make sure the first thing out of his mouth is "you know how much I love your daughter" , after that all will be good. Give them the wings to fly and the knowledge to make good decisions,even sometimes knowing they will make the wrong ones . Always let them know and tell them how much you love them, and enjoy everyday with them, because it really does go by very fast and you don't want to miss a single moment!

10. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things! Supporting Addict

Nov 18, 2014
    Congratulations!
    We're doing my granddaughters first birthday party today! I've got little ones running all over the place, it's a good time!

kellingtonw and boatdoc like this.
  11. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 3, 2015

because you KNOW what they will be up to?

kellingtonw likes this.
  12. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 3, 2015
    because you can give them back to their parents. Grantparents are heroes in kids eyes

kellingtonw and Babboonbobo like this.
  13. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    It is all good until they come out pf their room for the first time with their butts hanging out of their shorts, and you need to lay down the law. But it is their job to push the limits and yours to enforce them. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Jim PHL

Jim PHL Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Our first (only) grandchild just turned 5. I'm convinced part of the joy of grand parenting is that in the back of your mind, you know you can't "break" them. For all the mistakes we made as parents our son and daughter turned out to be fine, healthy people. I think that feeling deep down as a young parent that you're afraid you might mess something up isn't there as a grand and that might let you enjoy the grands that much more. (A little less stress handling them?)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted