close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dave Sevigny

Discussion in 'Competition 1911's' started by Quack, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    So where do you guy's see Dave going to since he left Glock? the 2 top choices are Springfield and S&W. I'm thinking Springfield since he's using them in single stack and with the XDm 5.25, it's similar to the G34/35. Also i'm thinking that Springfield is on the look out for a replacement for the aging Leatham.

Here's Dave's open gun. Good to see that it has a flat trigger. Hmmmm...if he does go with Springfield, i wonder if his model will have a flat trigger. :animlol:

[​IMG]

Here's his Single Stack gun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    It will be very interesting if he ends up with any of the big companies.

3. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    So why do people like having a square trigger guard vs. round? I see more and more competitors using a flat trigger, I really need to try one.

4. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    Don'tknow about the square trigger guard, but try the flat trigger, you will like it.

5. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    just a guess on the square trigger guard, but i can see how it can give a little extra surface area for the support hand index finger.

6. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Honestly I was thinking SA real hard at first, but i dont know if he will go with a large gun co. I think you might see him rep himself, kind of like Scott Warren and then do consulting for companies on R&D. When I spoke to him at area 6, he made it clear that his job was cool, but one of the biggest downfalls was that he was a competitor and with Glock he was a Glock Representative at first. He said he would like to spend more time on the competitive side to try and become a better shooter. So not signing with a huge company would allow him to do this

7. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Just curious, but how so? I'm trying to figure it out but I can't think of a reason...most people that I see don't use their finger on the trigger guard technique, nor do I. This is really kind of bugging me lol. I still have plenty of room on the bottom of the guard, but I guess if someone has really big fingers I could see the extra being a good thing.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  8. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    No, not in front of the trigger guard, underneath. It gives a little extra room (area) for the finger to brace on.

9. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Re-read my post. I still don't understand how someone would need more room unless they have extremely fat fingers. Does anyone here actually have an issue? I'm just trying to find out the reason. Is it cosmetic, or legit function? Does it have something to do with race holsters? Easier to get your finger in/out of? There has to be a reason why every 2011 STI uses it...

10. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

Man I wouldn't owning having those.

11. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I like the black Springfield. That's a good-looking gun to me.

As far as representing himself, playing the circuit gets expensive. Driving or flying and the ammunition if nothing else can really add up. I'm sure he wouldn't hurt for sponsorship though, even if he went for smaller companies and represented several of them at once.

Andy

12. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Very few competitive shooters utilize the index finger of the support on the trigger guard these days. Back in the late 80's it was more commen. It's still used by some, but mostly in Europe.

13. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    though he is shooting a Glock, you can see how a square 1911 trigger guard will be beneficial. with a rounded trigger guard he finger would be on the curve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the STI Tactical that i got has a common cut under the trigger guard.
    [​IMG]

14. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    here's Rob Leatham...

[​IMG]

and i found one of Sevigny with the 1911
    [​IMG]

15. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Ah ok. I guess certain people can utilize it, or the older shooters are used to it. I was just merely curious. I mean I do have small hands, so I don't have an issue with that. All 3 of my fingers fit on my EMP's front strap, I think that's kind of unusual.

16. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    my support index finger is at the end of the trigger guard too. maybe i should square one off.

[​IMG]

17. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Might help. Mine is no where near the edge. :laugh:

18. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    you sure about that? :tongueout:

[​IMG]

19. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Might look close, but I've never felt my finger go "over the edge" or lose control at all. Who knows.

At least I don't have a weird finger! :laugh:

20. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    because you have small hands :tongue:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted