D81D6FCA-5665-42CE-8B84-B8A88BA4C4A9.jpeg
A8B7D625-F88E-4475-9B12-D4D7B4FE3C2D.jpeg
D73B507F-9BD0-4A03-A684-B29C4AE6253A.jpeg
41AAE8A6-75FD-408C-823B-43EA7AB5E0FC.jpeg
19E0D230-4904-4DAD-B1E6-579B0FC8A723.jpeg
Dave Wells Custom Classic Nitride 1911.45 ACP

This is a brand new pistol built by Dave Wells of PA

www.wellscustomguns.com

Dave is known mostly as a builder of precision bullseye guns but he started out running the Kimber Custom Shop :)))))

It is a full Wells build and is built on a Palmetto State Armory forged slide, barrel and frame set (Made by Remsport). I am the second owner.

(Carbon steel slide, frame and semi-fit barrel)

Match bushing

Wilson recoil spring plug and rod

S&A grip safety

3.5 lbs crisp trigger

Heinie Black rear and front sights (Novak rear cut, Heinie front cut)

Wilson Wide ambi safety

USGI slide stop

Checkered mainspring housing

Wells Custom G-10 grips

Full nitride finish by H&M black nitride

This is a very nice smooth functioning gun with a truly great trigger-it is like new and unfired.

The finish is gorgeous.

I have function tested it but have not fired it.

I spoke with Dave who verified it’s provenance and build list.

Grip screws show a little wear, thats all!

Thanks!

$750 shipped FF Paypal OK
Now $700

·
“Careful man, there’s a beverage here!” — The Dude
526 Posts
Maybe the best answer to the enduring question: what entry-level 1911 would you purchase for less than 1K. This is a considerably better choice than spinning the “wheel of fortune” with any brand of production gun - even at twice the price.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe the best answer to the enduring question: what entry-level 1911 would you purchase for less than 1K. This is a considerably better choice than spinning the “wheel of fortune” with any brand of production gun - even at twice the price.
It has some nice features and a very nice finish. That's for sure.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I refuse to use PayPal (ask @Addicted2gunz what he’s experienced) and I hate spending my time to get a Money Order and mail it - that’s my issue though - helluva deal here - GLWS!
Yep agree. Electronic is so easy. Did Venmo for one a few weeks ago. Instant and out of the checking account it’s free. GLWS and good luck buyer.

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep agree. Electronic is so easy. Did Venmo for one a few weeks ago. Instant and out of the checking account it’s free. GLWS and good luck buyer.
Everyone at my country club has an online banking or brokerage account that is absolutely free of fees/charges. Takes a few days for a paper check but in lieu of other avenues, it works great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts