David Sams built MEU SOC

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by idHawk, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idHawk

idHawk Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Selling this MEU SOC built by David Sams of Sams Custom Guns. This pistol is in excellent condition. Has been a safe queen for several years. Was sent to David Sams for the MEU SOC build as a NIB Springfield 1911 A1. Never fired after being returned from SGC.

This gun is missing the original build sheet, although David Sams (for a fee) can produce information related to this pistol. It is all matching and in fact, is the very gun that is pictured on the Sams Custom Guns web page under the MEU SOC tab. I spoke with David and we estimated this build to be from 2013 and that it cost in excess of $4000 including the cost of the original pistol.

Given this is a MEU SOC build, coupled with the quality of the work by David Sams, I am asking $2600 shipped. Firm. I am open to trades, but trade value would need to be closer to the $3000 value to be worth it for me.

Please message me with any questions you might have as well as any reasonable trade offers. As far as trades go, I would be particularly interested in early military Colts. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UBOATDOC, KS95B40, Jimhoag and 6 others like this.
  2. Cousin Vinny

Cousin Vinny Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    So you want to trade your $2600 1911 for a $3k 1911? You from New York?
    Couldn’t resist! LOL...seriously GLWS!
    Cousin Vinny

UBOATDOC and JD31 like this.

3. idHawk

idHawk Member

Oct 29, 2018
    I appreciate your humor, but I’m just willing to take less for a cash deal. David suggested I ask in excess of 3K for it. He has a long wait for his work and is getting $4100 for his MEU SOC builds today.

vincent DeFilipps likes this.
  4. Au Jus in Bello

Au Jus in Bello Well-Known Member

May 19, 2017
    Kidding aside -- just in case anyone actually takes exception -- it's very common to have a slightly higher trade price than sale price, for the reason OP mentions.

OP, do you have any specific trades in mind? Or broadly, what might you be looking for or like?

GLWS -- a Dave Sams custom doesn't come up often and by reputation he's one of the best.

5. idHawk

idHawk Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Nothing specific in mind as far as trades. I prefer to sell it outright, but if someone offered up something that spoke to me.... I’m sure you know how that goes.

6. ek42

ek42 ....front sight,press,repeat

Nov 26, 2011
    MORE PUCTURES. WOW

7. idHawk

idHawk Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Sold Pending Funds

8. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    That was fast! Congrats

9. idHawk

idHawk Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Worked out a Trade with Sharps71. He was excellent to deal with. I would like to leave him positive feeback but I am having trouble doing so. I have tried leaving him feedback but I am getting an error message that will not allow me to do so. It says I have to be the Starter of the original thread, which I am.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  10. Ethank

Ethank Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I believe he also has to post in the thread, which I do not see

11. idHawk

idHawk Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Thanks for the reply. Makes sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.