1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the pistol that I originally posted about. It’s a David Sams MEU SOC Pistol. I am looking to sell it but I honestly have no idea what its value is. Any help would be appreciated. I recently acquired this pistol and it looks like it has never been fired. I don’t have any emotional attachment to it so I’m looking to get a reasonable value before posting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,436 Posts
Don't know the value, but I bet that is one shooting son-of-a-gun for sure. I would say this might be a hard one to put a real value on...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
After spending about 30 minutes with David Sams on the phone this week discussing this particular build, I have made the decision to put it up for sale. My reasoning is simple. I am not really a collector. If I keep this gun, I will end up modifying it to suit my needs as a competition pistol. If I were to keep this gun, I would most likely change out the grip and the sights, thereby destroying its collectible value. I can build a competition gun that would suit my needs without compromising this piece of art.

David builds his guns to exact MEU SOC specs. He usually builds off of a Caspian Frame and Slide, but this particular buyer supplied his own pistol. In cases such as this, David recommends the Springfield 1911 A1. The original buyer did not keep the build sheet, but this exact gun is the one in the pictures on the Sams Custom Guns website. I have verified this to be true. David did not have exact specs on this gun because he believes it was built in 2013 and his records do not go back that far electronically. His new guns, with the Caspian Parts, cost in excess of $4,000. He estimates that this particular guns cost was similar, when factoring in the cost of the labor and the provided gun. This gun was sent to David as a New In Box pistol and was never fired after getting it back. David said he tests his builds thoroughly, so it has rounds through it, but only those shot by David himself.

With David's help, I have determined a fair value for this pistol. I would like to put it up for sale in the Classifieds section but I am unable to do so. I do not want to break any forum rules by posting a price here, so If someone is able to let me know what I need to do to post in the classifieds I would greatly appreciate it. I have met the minimum post count of 20, but I still get a message that says I am ineligible to post in the classifieds.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The STI hammer, grip safety, the serrated frontstrap, the barrel in the white aren't clone correct. I don't think there's any collector value, but it is a custom built pistol from a well regarded 'smith.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts