1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy at work wants a new pistol.
To get some funds he offered to sell me a 6.5" Ruger Blackhawk Convertible .357/9mm that he bought new 5 years ago and has never fired it.
Literally LNIB condition.
I've been out of the revolver game a bit , but is $500 a good deal?
I don't really need it but I had a 45LC/.45acp convertible that I regret selling to this day.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Yup, sub $450 would be a deal. $500 feels like full retail. Get two or three boxes of .357 or .38 Special thrown in.

·
Premium Member
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are $650-$700 on Gunbroker new.
Plus SH/ transfer fees.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Might be an okay price with the second cylinder. I would be ecstatic to get $500 for my Ruger .357. I would even put zip ties on it for that price.

Z

·
Premium Member
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I told him I really didn't want to spend the money right now.
If he still has it in a month( and I still have a job) I'll offer him $450 for it.
I took a pic. It's never been shot or even handled much that I can see...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Personally, I'd wait. As more folks are quarantined and businesses required to restrict access/hours/etc, money is gonna be getting a LOT tighter for many. There will be real deals to be had.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
It’s only a deal if it’s what you want. I’m the King of “over paying” for guns that I want! :rolleyes:
Now theres a club I can belong to. I'm the CEO of buy high and sell low. Or as I've heard it said, "you didn't pay too much just bought to late" or something like that. But if its on the shelf and its what I've been searching for, its likely going home with me.

OP, I'm in with the majority, seems a bit high. To me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Stainless or blued? If stainless it sounds like a pretty good deal to me. At my LGS they're rarely less than $699.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I told him I really didn't want to spend the money right now.
If he still has it in a month( and I still have a job) I'll offer him $450 for it.
I took a pic. It's never been shot or even handled much that I can see...
I'm placing myself under the same restriction. Not selling or buying right now!
Unless the right gun or deal comes along!!! LOL
This won't last but the gun will!

Reactions: Babboonbobo
1 - 12 of 12 Posts