1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I think the top right were once mine. I have to say all beautiful but that set are my favs. I love darker ironwood with flecks of color. Such a great wood, so many different variations I’ve seen of it. Thanks for posting the collection, really nice.

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the top right were once mine. I have to say all beautiful but that set are my favs. I love darker ironwood with flecks of color. Such a great wood, so many different variations I’ve seen of it. Thanks for posting the collection, really nice.
those are your old ones @Mtek! The smoked nitride with blackout is hard to match with wood, at least for me. Those seem to be the ticket! Wish I could’ve taken this photo outside instead of my bad basement lighting to really show these off proper but maybe another day...

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All very nice, but I’m partial to the checkered set with the WC medallions.
they are even better in person! Just picked them up here from a great addict. They are the Woodcaliber hand selected. I just ordered another pair from woodcaliber sans medallions and ordered a gaboon ebony w Wilson medallions for a different CQBE.

·
Premium Member
4,228 Posts
All very nice, but I’m partial to the checkered set with the WC medallions.

Order some medallions last night with hopes of getting a set of these made with them.

Reactions: mlea5150

·
Deo Volente
7,014 Posts
Some of my favorite wood in the whole world! A little bit of this in the campfire is a game changer in December. Not to mention it's density and weight. Yes this can change the balance in a finely tuned pistol a small bit.

Reactions: Mike A and JM44

·
Registered
474 Posts
nice, they are making great stuff! I really like how the combat looks on those. The WC ones in my pic are
WoodCaliber and I have these on order:

View attachment 506871
Those look fabulous! great checkering too. I also have a WC and will be ordering a set for it too with the logos. I have an officers set on order now for my new ACW Brimstone two tone in black cherry. I'm hooked on Wood Caliber, the hardest thing is choosing which wood to go with their all so nice. Trying to decide on another checkered lighter wood set but can't decide what would look better with checkering, Birdseye or Curly maple..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 95 Posts