1911 Firearm Addicts banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
I've got a set of scales that have "collector" written all over them. We know how much Buster likes crotch wood walnut....I have the only set I've seen of crotch wood desert ironwood.

·
Premium Member
4,228 Posts
I've got a set of scales that have "collector" written all over them. We know how much Buster likes crotch wood walnut....I have the only set I've seen of crotch wood desert ironwood.

Post it up I’ve never even heard of it

·
Premium Member
4,228 Posts
Those look amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All I can say is we have some awesome people on this forum and a few I get to call friend!

Reactions: Eric

·
Premium Member
4,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Well funny I posted the above post and I get a wonderful message from Bob @Gripwright that a little something I had asked for a while back is ready to go. I think this is my first smooth set of Ironwood and man he knocked it out of the park! View attachment 651755 View attachment 651757
those are fantastic! In my opinion, there isn’t much that’s better looking than a pair of smooth ironwoods from Bob!

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
1439b.jpg

Bob @Gripwright can see into the wood, & all I can say is they make my 1979 Colt
Mark IV series 70 Government Model, turn heads at the Pistol range every time.

This Iron wood Bob uses, finishes like precious stone & feels so good in the hand.

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
You guys have found my weakness. Beautiful wood on fine firearms. Now please quit it!! :grin:
See how fellow addicts will help you dig deeper & deeper until you have so many acksessories,
you have to buy more 1911s. A very good theraputic way to keep an addict busy is to
get them talking about Grips, custom parts, leather needs & so on. We will find ways for our
fellow addicts to buy more 1911s, & other guns, you know you can't just have one kind
you need to expand your horizons.

So I think what DRD is really saying is, Please help me find more reasons to buy Iron wood shoes today & then something completely different tomorrow.

When you are ready for some Dark meat we can talk :eek: EBONY BLACK AS NIGHT.

1418.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
View attachment 652157

Bob @Gripwright can see into the wood, & all I can say is they make my 1979 Colt
Mark IV series 70 Government Model, turn heads at the Pistol range every time.

This Iron wood Bob uses, finishes like precious stone & feels so good in the hand.
those are incredible!! I haven’t had any of his “organic stipple” grips yet but those Are seriously making me want a pair!

·
Premium Member
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
See how fellow addicts will help you dig deeper & deeper until you have so many acksessories,
you have to buy more 1911s. A very good theraputic way to keep an addict busy is to
get them talking about Grips, custom parts, leather needs & so on. We will find ways for our
fellow addicts to buy more 1911s, & other guns, you know you can't just have one kind
you need to expand your horizons.

So I think what DRD is really saying is, Please help me find more reasons to buy Iron wood shoes today & then something completely different tomorrow.

When you are ready for some Dark meat we can talk :eek: EBONY BLACK AS NIGHT.

View attachment 652169
you have great taste sir! Gaboon is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I posted these elsewhere but Bob showed me that cut away pattern and I had him put a little twist on it:
A6E54AB5-9649-4217-938E-CF774BB75E41.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
those are incredible!! I haven’t had any of his “organic stipple” grips yet but those Are seriously making me want a pair!
Bobs stipple finish is much more comfortable & easy to shoot for me, I like them better than sharp checkering. Both Iron wood & Ebony are hard woods so breakage is not a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts
you have great taste sir! Gaboon is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I posted these elsewhere but Bob showed me that cut away pattern and I had him put a little twist on it: View attachment 652177
I like those, it makes me want a pair with the Rampant colt made in the center.
Here we go again LOL, now I need another 1911 to mount my new shoes Oh
whoa is me :p.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts