1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded for a combat master a couple months ago and finally got around to shooting it. I had multiple issues with the mags that came with it so I tried some colt government mags I had laying around. It ran better with the colt mags but it sometimes locks the slide back before the mag is empty and at other times it doesn't load the last round in the mag. Any idea where to start to made it more reliable?

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
On any used pistol purchase, I always start with all new factory power springs. While doing that I can look over all the parts for abnormalities. Like the extractor and the ejector. The one I had was very loose in the firing pin stop and extractor, allowing the the extractor to "clock" very easily. New mag springs? and good quality mags designed for that model. Thats as good as I can do, need a lot more info - what kind of issues? FTF? FTE? etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got new recoil springs and mag springs on the way. I've shot around 50 rounds through it and have used 6 different mags. Sometimes the slide will lock back after extracting when the mag still has ammo in it. Other times it will not load the last round in the magazine. No stovepipes.

·
Get off my lawn...
16,273 Posts
Sounds like your on the right track, swap in the new springs when they arrive. And like Bill said, give her a detailed inspection of the individual parts. They all have a story to tell.

Welcome aboard from east Missouri!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts