1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ought to make some folks from yesterday happy:

Pay no mind to the scratch on the frame and slide. A rookie mistake that I made one time. :mad2:

Incidentally, I really like Biggby Coffee -- and I took a rare mid-week liberty with the chocolate chip cookie as well.

:biggrin1:

·
Anger Management Graduate
394 Posts
Shots heard at Biggby Coffee....OMG! :biggrin1:

claire

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
Bah...hokie and Manny like when I send naked pics when I'm in a hotel room. :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
26,719 Posts
Yep,.....good coffee. Not much of a cookie guy though.

Detroit used to be a rough hood, back in the day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, Detroit is pretty much a "hell hole' but there are a few gems that make the trip worthwhile. as long as you stay on the beaten path. I wil be heading to Greektown later today.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Left Detroit in '84

I left in '84 and moved to SW Florida. Went back for a weekend in '01 for a Red Wings playoff game. Had lunch that day @ Lafayette Coney Island, one of my favorites. Can't remember the little place in Greektown back in the day, it was in the same block as Parthenon about half way down the block on the same side. Parthenon was on the corner. Great Leg of Lamb for about $8, ah the eighties... I now live in South Carolina. Shoot a FS RIA in 9mm for combat shoots, range, etc. Looking at a CS or MS for carry, not sure which one yet. I like my Rock Island, 900 rounds not a hiccup. Maybe another Rock or a Citadel for carry. Also been looking at a Springer Compact. Any of you homies use a Blackhawk or Fobus holster OWB for your 1911 ? Miss home sometimes, but love the south. Good shootin', out.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts