1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Pearl Pimp
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I'm sure most of you guys have seen this kind of thing before, but I haven't. It's probably not something I would buy, but might be fun to shoot! Apparently it's about 6" long.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,061 Posts
With some 8 or 9 shot in it, maybe.
My Remington Tac14 with 00 kicks decently well enough, could not imagine what this would feel like with 00, 000 or slug.

Reactions: xerts1191

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Recoil doesn't change if you shoot a load of 9's vs a slug or "OO" ...if they are the same weight and velocity ( say 1 1/8oz at 1200 fps )...

But these short & light weight guns are not fun to shoot ...in any 12ga...( might be ok in a smaller gague with a 1/2 oz load at 1150 fps )...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wouldn't the very short barrel significantly reduce velocity and therefore recoil?
Yes, if you reduce velocity it will give you less recoil... ( but we'll stand 20 feet behind you when you shoot it ..)... --- there may be some significant muzzle blast to the sides ...so while I would like to see the look on your face when you pull the trigger ...I will be the guy behind you chuckling...

·
Pearl Pimp
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, you guys are saying I don't want to shoot it? :beatup::beatup::beatup:

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I can only imagine how bad that would feel shooting it.

I have a Serbu Super Shorty with 6.5" barrel and 1oz slugs are not pleasant. Normal target or field loads are not too bad but still not something you want to shoot a lot of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one of these Diablo 12 gauges. It took exactly 7 and a half months to get to me since they bought CNC equipment to up their production. I might have been the first to receive mine. I have only been shooting zinc plated steel BBs out of it so far but I've been slowly building up the powder load. I started at 40 gr. of Triple 7 2F with a quarter ounce by volume of steel BBs. Then the same powder amount with a half ounce of the same steel shot. Recoil was non existent since it weighs over 6 pounds. Since then I have switched to Blackhorn 209 powder and that has kept it so clean but ignition becomes picky and more dependent on making sure there is ABSOLUTELY NO oil left in the breach plugs. I've gone up to 70 grains by volume of BH 209 with the half ounce of steel BBs. This creates some felt recoil but no more than shooting full size .40 cal pistols with standard range ammo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, you guys are saying I don't want to shoot it? :beatup::beatup::beatup:
It's not bad at all. But you can load it as heavy or as light as you wish. You lose a lot of power with these short barrels. After I load mine, there is 2-3 inches of barrel left in each barrel.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts