Diablo 12 Gauge Pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Cop_Out, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    Hi Folks,
    I'm sure most of you guys have seen this kind of thing before, but I haven't. It's probably not something I would buy, but might be fun to shoot! Apparently it's about 6" long.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KS95B40 and xerts1191 like this.
  2. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Wow...I've shot a SBR 12g shotgun "lock picker" used in Bagdad by some of our training cadre, but ... geesh...that just looks painful.

3. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    I'm going to have to say...no thanks.

xerts1191 and Joe C like this.
  4. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    With some 8 or 9 shot in it, maybe.
    My Remington Tac14 with 00 kicks decently well enough, could not imagine what this would feel like with 00, 000 or slug.

xerts1191 likes this.
  5. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Not only no...but hell no!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    xerts1191 and Otherside like this.
  6. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Recoil doesn't change if you shoot a load of 9's vs a slug or "OO" ...if they are the same weight and velocity ( say 1 1/8oz at 1200 fps )...

But these short & light weight guns are not fun to shoot ...in any 12ga...( might be ok in a smaller gague with a 1/2 oz load at 1150 fps )...

xerts1191 likes this.
  7. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Wouldn't the very short barrel significantly reduce velocity and therefore recoil?

8. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Yes, if you reduce velocity it will give you less recoil... ( but we'll stand 20 feet behind you when you shoot it ..)... --- there may be some significant muzzle blast to the sides ...so while I would like to see the look on your face when you pull the trigger ...I will be the guy behind you chuckling...

9. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    After watching that video, f¥€k no!!!

xerts1191 likes this.
  10. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    I have a 16g single shot shorty (around 8" barrel) and a couple of 20g double barrel shorties and I can assure you, you want NONE of that. My 16g will rock your hand like a bomb. The 20's are not bad but you can't shoot either one handed...

11. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    xerts1191 likes this.
  12. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    So, you guys are saying I don't want to shoot it? :beatup::beatup::beatup:

xerts1191 likes this.
  13. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    I'm guessing used models will be like NIB with low round counts. They would be great if you were needing to film a pirate movie.

UBOATDOC, xerts1191 and apipeguy like this.
  14. dougwtx

dougwtx Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 8, 2011
    I can only imagine how bad that would feel shooting it.

I have a Serbu Super Shorty with 6.5" barrel and 1oz slugs are not pleasant. Normal target or field loads are not too bad but still not something you want to shoot a lot of.

Edje and xerts1191 like this.
  15. Edje

Edje New Member

Sep 7, 2019
    I have one of these Diablo 12 gauges. It took exactly 7 and a half months to get to me since they bought CNC equipment to up their production. I might have been the first to receive mine. I have only been shooting zinc plated steel BBs out of it so far but I've been slowly building up the powder load. I started at 40 gr. of Triple 7 2F with a quarter ounce by volume of steel BBs. Then the same powder amount with a half ounce of the same steel shot. Recoil was non existent since it weighs over 6 pounds. Since then I have switched to Blackhorn 209 powder and that has kept it so clean but ignition becomes picky and more dependent on making sure there is ABSOLUTELY NO oil left in the breach plugs. I've gone up to 70 grains by volume of BH 209 with the half ounce of steel BBs. This creates some felt recoil but no more than shooting full size .40 cal pistols with standard range ammo.

xerts1191 likes this.
  16. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I’d shoot that Rossi, because I’m a real man! Since there’s only 5 and you can’t get ahold of one, you’ll just gonna have to believe me:roll:

KS95B40, cliff58, ZoidMeister and 3 others like this.
  17. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Call me crazy.....I’d shoot it

KS95B40 and xerts1191 like this.
  18. Edje

Edje New Member

Sep 7, 2019
    It's not bad at all. But you can load it as heavy or as light as you wish. You lose a lot of power with these short barrels. After I load mine, there is 2-3 inches of barrel left in each barrel.

xerts1191 likes this.
  19. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    Cool looking little gun. Looking at it makes my wrist hurt.

xerts1191 likes this.
  20. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Somewhere between old west gunfighters, and modern day gangsta!

Edje likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted