close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Digital Photography and "How To" Tutorials suggestion

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by jst1tym, Sep 6, 2011.

1. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm really basically a novice digital photographer and I for one would love to see more of "How To Tutorials" on digital photography that apply to posting pictures in forums for display and maybe for selling in classifieds. I know that Don (Quack) has helped me to understand the how-to-do's in so many projects, lighting, focus, white balance, etc. I could go on but I'm not here to embarrass him, if anything, to let others know that you have a wealth of digital photography info that is right here. From time to time, almost all the forums I've browse, photo questions will most always come up and "how to" Quack has always been more than willing to share his skills and knowledge. As already I've seen here a thread on how to's with point and shoot cameras. Almost everybody has access to digital picture taking devices, be it an expensive rig or just a cell phone camera. We all have to use the same methods for posting those shots if needed, and thats usually when some questions are usually generated. If made into a subforum or even a sticky, many questions that will come up that are redundant, can be addressed by these suggestions. And too, it could create an unecessary burden on Quack that may seem unfair, so others could do this also. Afterall, we all (myself not included) have other stuff to be doing and time is of the essence and a premium is included with it.

I'm always drawn to threads that have pictures as illustrations to help understand a members point. I've found that a good picture most always stirs others to become better picture takers, and most often can and will if they know how. You don't need a 1k camera to do this either, just the know how. There's a pretty large photography fan base out on the internet and somebody will always step up to give some good advice. And that is where Quack may be able to help. His eagerness to help, and be thorough in explaining the "how to's" has always encouraged me to be better, even in joking or jest, his points are always well received. I for one would like to see some more photo know how, and if he has the time, I'm sure it would be well recieved. Even just a simple question about "which camera?" in a forum always stirs great post's and pictures as exampled here http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/1770042362 I get so much good feedback and interest in pic's and photography it never ceases to amaze me. I've learned so much from posts like this, plus an oppertunity to address questions or correct mistakes that I make...Please think on this. Don doesn't have to be the target of interest here, he just gets my vote because of his willingness to help people get answers to many of their questions where it relates to digital photography!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    yea, i can do that, winter is coming upon us and that's when i play with camera's more.

I'm going to do a economical shopping list and will even take photo's with a phone.

3. jst1tym

Aug 23, 2011
    Excellent, would love to see anything you can churn out! The thread over at the other forum is getting pretty long, seems that a lot of folks have pictures to share. I never get tired of them, plus great tips get imparted once in awhile. I put a link to the color right pro today because a guy there was talking about all the adjustments necessary to get the correct exposure. Lately this device is getting a lot of press :thumb:

4. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    they have a new CRP, that has small attachments so you can make the image warmer or cooler, etc...

I like my standard the best.

5. jst1tym

Aug 23, 2011
    I was on their webpage reading and didn't see that. They only seem to have the standard one. Does it go by a different name?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted