close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dillon Military Discount Only to Active-Duty?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polizei1, Sep 20, 2011.

1. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Just curious how you guys feel about this, especially those who are in the military, or have served in the past.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136354

My username/avatar is the same, so you can read my opinion on the subject over there.

For those that don't know, I'm in the Marine Corps Reserve, therefore I'm not "eligible" for this discount, nor is any veteran. However, a boot private straight out of boot/basic is. Any opinions?

Edit* This isn't an attack towards Dillon, but they are the company who is the subject in the BE forum thread. As far as I'm concerned, I feel the same way regardless of the company or business. I have a Dillon beam scale and will hopefully have a 650 someday. Their products and reputation is great, but whole heartily don't agree with this.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    i, too, feel shortchanged sometimes as a Veteran, but as one told me soon after I left the service and griped about commissary and such things that I was missing: "membership has it's privileges".

3. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I'm retired and it doesn't bother me. They gotta draw a line somewhere, maybe you can buy while you're on your 2-week training? :biggrin1:

4. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    that is a shame! Too bad it isnt like other things where you could go with the competition! Dillon really has none! Maybe you could find a Dillon dealer to get a discount from.

5. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Oh I'm not worried about the discount, it's cheaper to order from BE anyway because of the free shipping. I'm just "upset" about them not acknowledging veterans. That is what get's me!

Besides, if you scan your valid ID you can get the discount, but that's not the point. I just don't understand how such a great company doesn't include veterans.

6. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Very few (if any) companies that offer military-discounts include veterans or retirees.

I really don't need the discount, and if leaving me out means they offer it to active duty vs none, I'm good with that.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted