1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta give a shout out to Dillon Precision . I recently purchased a pre owned XL 650 . It was set up for 3006 , but I intended to use it for 45 acp . Shell plate is same , nothing else is . I was able to use my RCBS dies . The correct powder bar came with it also . Called up Dillon tech , they sent me the rest of what I needed for conversion to 45 acp , gave some helpful advice , and now this thing runs smooth as glass . Wish I'd have gone this route years ago . They're a great company that stands behind their product , no matter who owns it .

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,547 Posts
Congrats on a Blue Christmas.
Been running a Dillion 550b since 92 and I bought a second about 5 years ago.
Now I don’t change out primer systems.

·
Premium Member
8,110 Posts
Been running a Dillion 550 ever since @Dwe convinced me I couldn't live without it.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hey all. Dillon is the best!! I’ve been cranking on my550b now since 2009 rolling .45 Auto and then 9mm for my blasters. I’ve only just started getting the bits for .223 and .308/.30-06 to start load development for my long guns. Blue is best!! CS is absolutely fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,687 Posts
Bought a 1050 in ‘85 shortly after they came out.
Loaded 400K rds of Super on it over the next 6 or 7 years. Never any major problems, minor issues were always resolved by Dillon immediately and at zero cost.

After competitive shooting was done I bought a 650 for the ability to use standard dies and change calibers easily.
It’s loaded over 120K rds of 9mm and 40K Super.
Same story as above with issues/service.

Acquired a 550 at the same time.
I always used it for LP revolver/pistol cartridges and rifle.
I probably have just 30K rds loaded on this one.
Same as above.

Dillon is the Gold Standard in reloaders.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Gotta love Dillon stuff. Walking into their place is like being a kid in a candy store. There has only been one time I came out of there without buying something, it just felt wrong somehow.

The first time I walked into their store my pants pockets were too heavy, you know, they were able to help with that problem. And here I thought they just sold reloading stuff.:)

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Dillon definitely rocks in terms of quality & customer service. I’ve been running 2 650’s for the past year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Dub and 41 Charlie

·
I wanna go fast!
183 Posts
I bought a used RF-100 that was listed as the latest model. When I got it it was the old outdated model. I couldn’t get it to work which is probably why the guy sold it. I took it to Dillon and offered to buy a new one if they couldn’t fix it. A week later I got an updated, perfectly working unit. Dillon’s customer service is great!

·
Premium Member
17,671 Posts
Gotta give a shout out to Dillon Precision . I recently purchased a pre owned XL 650 . It was set up for 3006 , but I intended to use it for 45 acp . Shell plate is same , nothing else is . I was able to use my RCBS dies . The correct powder bar came with it also . Called up Dillon tech , they sent me the rest of what I needed for conversion to 45 acp , gave some helpful advice , and now this thing runs smooth as glass . Wish I'd have gone this route years ago . They're a great company that stands behind their product , no matter who owns it .
Mike Dillon was exceptional. Hell of a good guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.