close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1. Wilson kimber and kimber

Wilson kimber and kimber New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I have a 650 fully loaded and a 550 fully loaded , even a casefeeder on 650 . I wasted more money before i got first Dillon ,if u want to load fast either press is good . I wish everything i bought had a blue press warranty , you only buy 1 time , then if it breaks you get parts free shipped to you , and they even pay to ship. Why i have everything dillon, from biggest tumbler ,rf 100,digital scale, dies, covers for both presses and even strong mounts on both presses. You think its alot , but how much your gun cost you feed ? I wont think twice about money when i buy gun, this feeds them all , and i save 50 percent reloading so you get investment back if you shoot . Isn't that how we relax?:nod:

2. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    So we can assume you'd go with the Dillion.. LOL.. on

3. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Yup Dillon will be my next press, a 650. I just started about a month ago and have a Lee LCT. WAY cheap compared to a Dillon, but I have the Dillon beam scale and can already see the quality difference. No doubt when I upgrade everything on my bench will be blue!

4. Wilson kimber and kimber

Aug 23, 2011
    If i had to pick i like the 650, but without casefeeder on it , its same as 550 . can add later ,i bought mine a little at a time.

5. nomad

nomad Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I've had a square deal b for for 17 years . works great for handgun ammo.

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Would you buy it if you were starting over? Also.. What is your average rate per hour.. Not racing, just crusing.. Ron

7. nomad

nomad Member

Aug 22, 2011
    With todays prices I would go with the 650 cause I reload rifle know too. But if your just doing handgun the square deal isn't a bad machine. ( I can do an easy 300 rounds per hour.)

8. Wilson kimber and kimber

Aug 23, 2011
    everyone seems to think you need 650 to load rifle, wrong i load .308 on my 550 , and prefer the slower 550 for rifle.

9. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I have a SDB. Love it. I reload rifle on a single stage. Don't shoot that much rifle and I prefer the SS for the QC.

10. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Mike Dillon makes the best machines, IMO as well.

I've scaled back the amount I shoot (damn arthritis), so I recently got rid of my XL650 and instead just run two Square-Deals. One is setup for 9mm the other for .45ACP.

Now
    [​IMG]

Before
    [​IMG]

11. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    650's are definitely where its at!

12. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011
    I have a 550 and been loading 9mm,45acp & .223 on it for a while and a buddy of mine had it prior for 12+ years before me. When I bought it off of him we sent it to Dillon and 2 weaks later I got it back and they replaced $180 worth of parts with their No BS warranty.

13. kshutt

kshutt 1911 Load & Shoot!

Aug 22, 2011
    I started on a Hornady Projector and it never seated primers right...ever. Even sent it back to the factory. I've had a Dillon RL550B since, I think, 1994 and never looked back! :biggrin1:

14. Rinspeed

Rinspeed Member

Aug 22, 2011

I love my SDB and the price is very attractive considering it comes all set up with dies. The most rounds I've done in an hour is 340, average is around 270-280.

15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Sounds like a retirement project.. Ron

16. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Another 550b owner here. Recently I started to reload again after many years. It works fine for just the 2 handgun calibers I reload. Purchased a lot of the Dillon accessories and I'm more than happy. I learned on an RCBS Green Machine an older progressive reloader so at least my feet were already wet when I purchased my Dillon. The Dillon warranty is worth it too! I don't see going to the Dillon 650 anytime soon as I don't have the need for the speed and quanity yet, but it is a premo progressive machine!

17. Mulie

Mulie New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Another Dillon fan here as well. I started off on a SDB in .45acp in the late 70's and my brother and I loaded tons of ammo on that little machine. And like everyone else has already stated, Dillon service is FANTASTIC!

When I retired and had more time for shooting, I wanted to load more calibers so I bought a used Dillon 550. I gave the SDB to my oldest son and he still uses it. I loaded on the 550 for a few years and my younger son wanted to get into reloading both for his pistols and his .308 semi-auto rifle, so I gave him my 550 and bought a 650 with a case feeder.

When I first got the 650 I missed the 550 and almost bought another 550. After loading on the 650 for a few weeks and learning the nuances of that machine I began to love it and now would not consider going back. All three machines a fantastic, but for high output the 650 with the case feeder is the way to go. I also really like the powder check station on the 650.

I still load my rifle ammo on my old RCBS Rockchucker, but I don't load enough rifle ammo to warrant setting up a progressive machine for it.

18. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Yep. I'm Blue all the way. I've had a 550B for 18 years. I do .45acp, 44mag,.38/357, 400 cor-bon, 40sw, .223 and .308.
    I will get another 550 shotly , one for LP and the other for SP.

19. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    How big of a deal is the primer feed change from LP to SP on the 550 ?

20. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    That is what I have. Simple and extremely easy to use. All I reload for is .38 Super. I would do .50 GI, but they don't make the SD B dies, ect for it that I know of.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted