1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon my ignorance. Had a nice long range session this morning. When I field stripped, cleaned and lubed one of my 1911's I noticed when I put a drop of oil on the disconnector and pushed it down with my finger, it stayed down . Messed with it a bit and it popped up. Did this several times and it would stay down and pop up with a little manipulation. Put a few more drops of oil and I believe it is freely moving now ? Is this an indication that is just needed lubrication, or is it telling me something. I clean my guns every 300-400 rounds and always put a drop of oil on it. Possibly forgot last time ? Thoughts ?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had a similar issue with a S&W 3913. There was cosmoline builtup, that gathered dirt causing it to bind. Disassembled, cleaned and reassembled, and was good to go. Also, check the disconnect spring .

Reactions: BenchMonkey

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,890 Posts
Dirt or carbon build up, small burr in disco hole, or on disco head. Wouldn't hurt to check both of those possible issues. But, more than likely oil mixing with carbon residue and gumming up a bit. Warm when shooting, then cools and solidifies, deposits warms again, cools down more build up lol.. And so it goes.. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts