1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
Reactions: Mike A

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, now I've got research to do.
He He He, we got to keep him busy for his own good LOL.

If I needed help or had questions I’m pretty sure there’s way way way more available information from the top smiths and most knowledgeable members right here @1911addicts
It never hurts to find more info on our hobby. :)

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Confucius say: "Man who smiths own gun has fool for client."

Seriously, though. I did a 1911 CCO build about a year ago, and YouTube got me through it (shout out to Mosin Virus: dude, you need to get out of the Democratic People's Republic of California).

Probably the biggest single thing I've learned is to cross-check your sources, research what they're telling you, and to think 3 times about what you're about to do before you do it. I can't tell you the number of times I ended out cutting the rails on my 1911 in my head and on paper before I actually did it for real.

CC

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
Confucius say: "Man who smiths own gun has fool for client."

Seriously, though. I did a 1911 CCO build about a year ago, and YouTube got me through it (shout out to Mosin Virus: dude, you need to get out of the Democratic People's Republic of California).

Probably the biggest single thing I've learned is to cross-check your sources, research what they're telling you, and to think 3 times about what you're about to do before you do it. I can't tell you the number of times I ended out cutting the rails on my 1911 in my head and on paper before I actually did it for real.

CC
I always thought that Confucius was confused . . . .

Don't forget that a little mechanical acumen, good observational skills, and common sense will take you a long way toward success.

Secondly, don't do ANYTHING that I would do. That should get you across the finish line.

Z

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I completely agree Mike. But everyday I’m blown away at what I see for sale and learn from our family of members.
I am in total agreement with you, we are truly blessed to have High Quality Gunsmiths who take
there precious time, to help their fellow addicts here. I just love tools & knowledge is
a tool, that I can just never get enough of.:)

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Secondly, don't do ANYTHING that I would do. That should get you across the finish line.
Bull! This man is not only a fantastic Craftsman but he is willing & able
to help others along the 1911 way. I rely on Gs help on my path of
understanding the 1911, & how we can do amazing things with it.

I just passed the Kitchen table Gunsmithing site along, because it is
unique. It has some great info on other guns other than the 1911, as we all own
other brands & types of firearms.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If I needed help or had questions I’m pretty sure there’s way way way more available information from the top smiths and most knowledgeable members right here @1911addicts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could've said thanks or nothing at all. He's just trying to be helpful

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could've said thanks or nothing at all. He's just trying to be helpful
I do understand & it is fantastic that we have such members who are able & willing to share with us there experience, tips & tricks. I have learned tons of things about working on the 1911 from our great Smiths.

However I can sit a watch a film on U-Tube about fitting a part with pics & sound that makes it easier 4 me to understand. Some of our Gunsmiths offer Schooling that if I were younger & looking for a career in Gunsmithing would jump on in a hot second.

For just a hobby, it would be financially impossible for me to afford. I would go get
another 1911. :eek:.o: Wouldn't you?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike and I were both being helpful. What are you trying to do?
C'mon lets just agree, we all have so many great sources to learn from, it's just wonderful.

I just started this thread in hopes that my fellow addicts would want to share some of the
places they have found with us all. Never meant to forget about our Smiths who share their
time & experiences with us all.

They are Golden members, & I have thanked them all for there wisdom & information.
I am certainly richer for the help they have given me. :happy:

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I just passed the Kitchen table Gunsmithing site along, because it is
unique. It has some great info on other guns other than the 1911, as we all own
other brands & types of firearms.
Yep, and every resource is valuable until proven otherwise. I've just seen enough bad advice in places to make me careful about vetting the source. The good news is that a lot of the bad advice tends to get drowned out or buried pretty quickly (except for that bozo on YouTube talking about the 1911's FATAL FLAW!!! - the vid's still there, but he's disallowed comments, amazingly enough).

CC

Reactions: Mike A

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
C'mon lets just agree, we all have so many great sources to learn from, it's just wonderful.

I just started this thread in hopes that my fellow addicts would want to share some of the
places they have found with us all. Never meant to forget about our Smiths who share their
time & experiences with us all.

They are Golden members, & I have thanked them all for there wisdom & information.
I am certainly richer for the help they have given me. :happy:
Your right Mike. I checked out both of those sites you posted and bookmarked them for future reference. I clearly didn’t mean anything by my post just a reminder of what this site has to offer.

I knew drinking that bourbon last night was gonna ruffle some feathers,lol. @bigboredad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.