1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious.

For those that have valid permits. If you and your family, spouse, or group are flying out of state for the sole purpose of leisurely vacation...

If the visiting state has reciprocity and you can legally carry.

Do you check and carry a firearm on vacation?

If so, I’m also curious of a couple of variables :

Age group? 21-35? 36-50? 51-65? 65+?

Current or prior law enforcement and or military?

Classify yourself as white collar? Blue collar?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Outside of the house I always have a gun on or with me, whether I'm working in the yard, traveling across the country, or running to the gas station down the road. I take at least one in my checked bag when I fly. I'm permitted under LEOSA so state reciprocity is not an issue.

Age Group - 51-65

Prior military and LEO

White collar/blue collar/dirty collar - I'm a respiratory therapist and work in a small hospital, was LE in the military and had a second/side career in LE for 15+ years, I also own and work a small farm.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Outside of the house I always have a gun on or with me, whether I'm working in the yard, traveling across the country, or running to the gas station down the road. I take at least one in my checked bag when I fly. I'm permitted under LEOSA so state reciprocity is not an issue.

Age Group - 51-65

Prior military and LEO

White collar/blue collar/dirty collar - I'm a respiratory therapist and work in a small hospital, was LE in the military and had a second/side career in LE for 15+ years, I also own and work a small farm.
My wife is a RT. She was one of the first in Boston to be trained for ECMO. She loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
My wife is a RT. She was one of the first in Boston to be trained for ECMO. She loves it.
Smart woman! RT is the best job in a hospital, especially a small, rural hospital, we do everything so no one knows what we're supposed to be doing at any given time, lots of freedom/autonomy.:grin:

Reactions: Justin_Pelletier

·
Registered
887 Posts
LEOSA qualified. Prior military.
Always have a firearm when leaving the house. Flying into NYC to visit family isn’t an issue, leaving is a pain. Ticket agent notifies the authorities. Go through the steps show them my retired LEO ID. Then not an issue.

Age group? Over 65

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
It's like my American Express Card, I don't leave home without it (old commercial) Flying or driving.

I am a retired LEO and carry under LEOSA (18 USC 926c)

65+

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.