1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 234999 I saw this used CQB posted today by my LGS and got there as quickly as possible. I really like a gray frame and small parts with a black slide. The price didn’t hurt either. Asthetics are subjective and we all know a nice 1911 when we see one. However, do any of you have a preference for ones that may not be commonly seen as preferable or am I the only one with “a type”?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Not a Wilson Combat (not my gun either), but THIS is MY type . . . . . . .

upload_2019-3-8_23-1-32.png

·
14,799 Posts

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,149 Posts
Nice Gat OP. I love my CQBs!
My type is not necessarily a brand, but it is has somewhat
traditional or classic attributes.
I like the original 1911 in that it has no FCS, flat MSH and a
long trigger and full thickness grips.
I take that a bit further in that I prefer clean slides,
blue or black finish, not coated.
The Dan Wesson Blue Valor with full thickness grips is my type if you will.
EDFB0D1B-7FFE-4D7B-BC1C-5F8D7402828E.jpeg

·
14,799 Posts
No! No “type” but I know what I like instantly when I see it. I just feel it deep down in my soul and I have to have it!:sneaky:
Don't you hate how these 1911's just seem to whisper to you from their glass cases in the gun stores?

"Yo, Zoid, here I am. You know you've been looking for me. I will fill that hole in your soul safe collection. You won't be complete without me. Take me home with you. You spend more on groceries in a month than I cost. Besides, when do you think you will see another just like me again . . . ? (shut up Wilson, I have his attention right now) . . . "

Or am I the only one that hears these voices . . . ?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Don’t really have a type but I do prefer a blued gun. One of my Wilson’s that is AT’d has a gray frame and black slide and it is very sharp looking. Congrats on your new CQB.

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Yeah... I'm mostly a basic "black weapons" kind of guy.

IMG_1828 (2).jpg
IMG_1878 (2).jpg
IMG_1934 (2).jpg
IMG_2012 (2).jpg
IMG_2200 (2).jpg
IMG_2304 (2).jpg

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Besides, when do you think you will see another just like me again . . . ? (shut up Wilson, I have his attention right now) . . . "

Or am I the only one that hears these voices . . . ?
Oh I hear voices alright..... and its always the same one!... "WHAAAAAAAT, YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER GUN? WHAT THE HECK DO YOU NEED ANOTHER GUN FOR.....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

·
14,799 Posts
Yeah... I'm mostly a basic "black weapons" kind of guy.

]
Dude, your gat addiction has been overrun by your WOOD addiction . . . .

You need to get a grip . . .

Nevermind, I see you already have . . . . several.

·
14,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
@ZoidMeister

Zoid,
I won't tell the Mrs. that you suggested she might be related to HRC.... you would probably loose your manhood................................... for EVER!!!!!

Reactions: Lou1

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I should clarify that I am a promiscuous 1911 enthusiast and certainly enjoy a classic blued, black, two tone, etc. I just happen to also really like this non traditional finish and am highly likely to buy one on sight.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don’t really have a type but I do prefer a blued gun. One of my Wilson’s that is AT’d has a gray frame and black slide and it is very sharp looking. Congrats on your new CQB.
Thank you apipeguy! Great time to be a buyer

·
14,799 Posts
@ZoidMeister

Zoid,
I won't tell the Mrs. that you suggested she might be related to HRC.... you would probably loose your manhood................................... for EVER!!!!!

Not the DNA, the tonal quality of course . . .

And I thought it was a funny meme that would give a "mental image" of the voices you were hearing . . .

Z

Reactions: TheCollector

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,519 Posts
Typically always high power and ball cuts up front... I am a “shiny” gun guy when it comes to blue, stainless, or Pvd... if it’s cerakote, all black/murdered out guns are my fav. I do enjoy a grey and black gun from time to time.

Typically a 38 super lover as well...

Those are typically staples for me if/when ordering a custom gun.

I’ll be honest though... there are plenty of guns that are not “my type” that I love just as much as the ones that are!

Reactions: Dwe and JM44
1 - 20 of 50 Posts