1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Nothing comes to mind
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Addicts.

If you are looking to expand your collection of historical firearms, then you are in luck. We will start with these:
Carmine Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Collection Boot Shotgun

Top to bottom:
Spencer Repeating Rifle - 1863 - $3000

M1 Carbine- Saginaw - $2500

M1 Carbine - Inland - $2500

M1 Carbine - National Postal Meter - $2900

M1 Carbine - IBM - $2900

M1 Carbine - Winchester - $1200

M1 Carbine - Paratrooper - $3900

Addicts do not pay credit card fees, or shipping.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Damn, wish I were rich so I could have an instant M-1 Carbine museum!

Amazing

Reactions: FWoo45

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,017 Posts
Nice collection. I do like old rifles, old Winchester rifles and shotguns but I don’t own any.

·
Nothing comes to mind
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
428 Posts
So I presume your carbines are 100% correct, original draft #s, matching barrel to receiver, proper markings on the stocks, etc? Can the A1 be verified as original (HUGE fraudulant conversion market for these today)? Any CMP returns? Even 100% correct all original parts (hard to verify of course)?

I don't mean to cast doubt here, but owning a number of Garands and 1903/03A3s, and an 1873 trapdoor....most of these out there are mix-masters/re-arsenal builds on a good day. There is a premium being charged in the market for what can fairly easily be found, at say, a periodic CMP auction, for half or less of what the retail market is charging....and no offense....pretty as these are....even if correct this is no discount (I mean no offense, this is just reality). I am not saying unfair if verifiable....but right at full market.

Again I want to be very clear I am not trying to cast doubt or start a feud, but the US Surplus market is a bit of a cluster these days, and one needs to know PRECISELY what they are getting.

Having said all of that, there is a purpose here. I am in the market for a Carbine to round out my US WWII collection so I am asking for a reason.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I presume your carbines are 100% correct, original draft #s, matching barrel to receiver, proper markings on the stocks, etc? Can the A1 be verified as original (HUGE fraudulant conversion market for these today)? Any CMP returns? Even 100% correct all original parts (hard to verify of course)?

I don't mean to cast doubt here, but owning a number of Garands and 1903/03A3s, and an 1873 trapdoor....most of these out there are mix-masters/re-arsenal builds on a good day. There is a premium being charged in the market for what can fairly easily be found, at say, a periodic CMP auction, for half or less of what the retail market is charging....and no offense....pretty as these are....even if correct this is no discount (I mean no offense, this is just reality). I am not saying unfair if verifiable....but right at full market.

Again I want to be very clear I am not trying to cast doubt or start a feud, but the US Surplus market is a bit of a cluster these days, and one needs to know PRECISELY what they are getting.

Having said all of that, there is a purpose here. I am in the market for a Carbine to round out my US WWII collection so I am asking for a reason.

This would have been more appropriate in a phone call or pm. CC is very responsive to both and very reasonable to deal with. (No offense, just reality).

·
Registered
428 Posts
W
This would have been more appropriate in a phone call or pm. CC is very responsive to both and very reasonable to deal with. (No offense, just reality).
Well to address your concern, in reality, these things pop through gun shows and Cabelas Libraries, and people get ripped off all of the time, and at exorbitant prices. I have no doubt that the gentlemen at CC are on the up and up. I have done business with them outside of the forum, and have no reason to think otherwise.

But in the PUBLIC, FOR SALE post, no detail was given to justify the price. I feel I am well within my swim lane to ask relevant questions that are not addressed in the OP's post, especially those that could be beneficial to potential buying members here (answers to those questions could in fact close sales, not block them).

Its not like I am asking for something outrageous here. Would you buy a Stan Chen based on one picture alone, and no providence?

Perhaps I am wrong here, but I am guessing you don’t deal much in antique firearms, especially military issue firearms. If you do dabble in these things, you would know that value is dictated by era, condition, and “correctness,” meaning is the firearm as-issued. This is known via markings and stamps on parts and stocks. Sometimes they are serialized, sometimes (most WWII US rifles) it’s draft, or part design #s, but they are literally everything in determining value (beyond the emotional decision making matrix, which is illogical and cares not for value). There is nothing wrong with a mix-master carbine that has been re-arsenaled, it’s just not worth $2500-2900 ( I’m NOT saying that’s what these are, just clarifying my position). The seller of these is clearly a collector, and should we meet he would (or should) not find ANY of these questions to be offensive unless there is something to hide. That’s just the market for collectors.

I certainly can appreciate your opinion, your unfounded snide remark seems unnecessary, especially when I was 100% clear I was not on the attack, and seeking further information. As I mentioned, I am in the market for a correct WWII M1/M1A1 Carbine....and I meant it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts