Do you own a Zastava Model 70A?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Mike A, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Last time I did RSO duty at the range, I ran into a guy shooting surplus Military Rifles. Before he left he showed me his Zastava model 57. I swear someone copied a lot of 1911 features & it just felt nice in the hand. Seeing how thin this pistol was, I remarked that it was too bad it did not come in 9mm.

To my surprise he said it did, a Model 70A with a thumb safety like the 1911. His model 57 had a trigger safety & no thumb safety. The model 70A has a thumb safety but it's on down & off up backwards of the 1911s thumb safety.

Does anyone have a Model 70A & what do you think of it? I would like to find an all steel thin Single Stack 9MM to use for Hot weather CCH use. My one concern is the Backwards thumb safety & how that will effect my 1911 muscle memory training. Of course I would like to know in advance of buying one if it is a reliable pistol. Just being a Military weapon means very little if it's a junk pistol.

2. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    I don't own one, but I pulled these off the Interweb as didn't know what it looked like

wm_6703096.jpg

wm_6703097.jpg

Mike A likes this.

3. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    I wonder if anyone makes neat looking wooden grip panels for it?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted