1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following question is taken from The Wisdom of Psychopath's by Kevin Dutton. It is an informal, highly unscientific, test to see if you think like a psychopath. I'll reveal the answer sometime next week.

While attending her mother's funeral, a woman meets a man she has never seen before. She thinks he is incredible. She believes him to be her soul mate and falls for him instantly. But she never asks for his number, and when the funeral is over, cannot track him down. A few days later she kills her sister. Why?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
I've been tryna tell you guys but no one believes me . . . . .

Kinda like the guy who tries warning you about the aliens, until its too late.

Where I live . . . . . . . .

where I live.jpeg

·
Premium Member
26,232 Posts
The following question is taken from The Wisdom of Psychopath's by Kevin Dutton. It is an informal, highly unscientific, test to see if you think like a psychopath. I'll reveal the answer sometime next week.

While attending her mother's funeral, a woman meets a man she has never seen before. She thinks he is incredible. She believes him to be her soul mate and falls for him instantly. But she never asks for his number, and when the funeral is over, cannot track him down. A few days later she kills her sister. Why?
She fell for the funeral director

·
The Tinker
3,167 Posts
I already knew the answer to that one, as I'd been asked the question before.

When I re-enlisted in the Corps, I had to make a choice. I either had to do embassy duty, or DI duty. At that time, everyone who re-enlisted had to make the same choice. I picked DI duty, knowing full well I'd never become a DI. During the mandatory interviews with the shrink, I was told that they were going to reject me for DI duty. When I asked why, I was told that I have an extreme outlaw mentality and that I could develop other more dangerous traits because of it.

When I asked what a 'outlaw mentality' was, I was answered with a scenario:

I arrive in a city unfamiliar to me and I and several of the passengers walk across the street to a bar. One of the passengers has too much to drink and when they decided to leave they walked out the back door instead of the front door. The person was immediately set upon, robbed of everything and killed. I was then asked who's fault it was that this person was robbed and killed. I immediately replied that it was this person's fault for getting robbed and killed, because they became too drunk in unfamiliar territory and walked out the wrong door. Seemed simple enough to me.

But I was told that most people don't think that way, and for that reason I was not selected for DI duty. I had expected and planned for this, as I was then allowed to do what I wanted to do in the first place, which was to re-tread into the air wing so I could take advantage of my electronics education.

There are always multiple ways to achieve one's objectives. :D

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I already knew the answer to that one, as I'd been asked the question before.

When I re-enlisted in the Corps, I had to make a choice. I either had to do embassy duty, or DI duty. At that time, everyone who re-enlisted had to make the same choice. I picked DI duty, knowing full well I'd never become a DI. During the mandatory interviews with the shrink, I was told that they were going to reject me for DI duty. When I asked why, I was told that I have an extreme outlaw mentality and that I could develop other more dangerous traits because of it.

When I asked what a 'outlaw mentality' was, I was answered with a scenario:

I arrive in a city unfamiliar to me and I and several of the passengers walk across the street to a bar. One of the passengers has too much to drink and when they decided to leave they walked out the back door instead of the front door. The person was immediately set upon, robbed of everything and killed. I was then asked who's fault it was that this person was robbed and killed. I immediately replied that it was this person's fault for getting robbed and killed, because they became too drunk in unfamiliar territory and walked out the wrong door. Seemed simple enough to me.

But I was told that most people don't think that way, and for that reason I was not selected for DI duty. I had expected and planned for this, as I was then allowed to do what I wanted to do in the first place, which was to re-tread into the air wing so I could take advantage of my electronics education.

There are always multiple ways to achieve one's objectives. :D
I guess I must have an “outlaw mentality” too because your answer makes perfect sense to me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts