1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thing is 1911s look good. Granted not all and some better than others and tastes maybe different but the fact remains that there are some really sweet looking 1911s out there.

I understand there are some really nice shooting 2011s out there and I guess that's all that should matter. But lets face it many out there buy some of these 1911's partly if not largely based on how they look.

So the question remains are there and if there are where are the good looking 2011's?

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This feels like a trick question...
LOL

Just the thing that keeps coming to my mind now that I have a few semi custom 1911s, an EDC XL, and a CZ TSO which really wasn't purchased based on looks. The thing that comes to mind when I thought I might want to consider getting a 2011. I just haven't yet found any good looking 2011s.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have a ton of options.

STI, but they are meh. And charge a lot of money for plastic.

Nighthawk makes one, GI makes a few different kinds...

Atlas, Akai, Chambers, Cheely, Freedom... there are a bunch of 2011's out there.
These were my thoughts exactly.

Thanks, and I"ll have to check out these other options.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Just like a 1911, you can get more of a plain pistol and send it in for all kinds of dressing up to your particular tastes.

I used to think the stippled grips were ugly, but they are very comfortable and the look is growing on me :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've shot a STI Executive that was magnificent, but Guncrafter has the best looking 2011s in my opinion.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just like a 1911, you can get more of a plain pistol and send it in for all kinds of dressing up to your particular tastes.

I used to think the stippled grips were ugly, but they are very comfortable and the look is growing on me :)
Personally I'm not into the whole thing of buying something and then paying more money just to make it what I wanted to be in the first place. I did that once but for the most part that's just not for me. Somehow it just goes against my grain especially for the amount we are already talking and I'm not sure whatever I did to change it that I could change it enough to make it look the way I would want it to look.

I can imagine the STI pistols and that whole stippled thing might work, but frankly for the most part they just look ugly to me. Somehow a 1911 just looks much more refined and a 2011 starts out looking extremely blocky in comparison and I think a good part of that has to do with the the double stack magazine. But then again most of these slides on a 2011 seem to have all kinds of cuts and serrations that just aren't for me either. I also could do with other options besides just black.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot to ask,.....you have a budget?
Budget in this case will have more to do with how badly I want it, how much it appeals to me, and based on what I believe my actual options are. This isn't a next week or next month purchase. In fact I may not get one if I can't find something that sings to me. I'm just exploring options at this point and in fact I may just get another 1911. I'm just exploring my options at this point and I was extremely curious based on what I had seen to this point.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Personally I'm not into the whole thing of buying something and then paying more money just to make it what I wanted to be in the first place. I did that once but for the most part that's just not for me. Somehow it just goes against my grain especially for the amount we are already talking and I'm not sure whatever I did to change it that I could change it enough to make it look the way I would want it to look.

I can imagine the STI pistols and that whole stippled thing might work, but frankly for the most part they just look ugly to me. Somehow a 1911 just looks much more refined and a 2011 starts out looking extremely blocky in comparison and I think a good part of that has to do with the the double stack magazine. But then again most of these slides on a 2011 seem to have all kinds of cuts and serrations that just aren't for me either. I also could do with other options besides just black.
If no one is making what you want then you're options are to compromise and buy something that may be close but still really isn't exactly what you were looking for or to have something built to meet your wants/needs. Whether you build on an existing gun or go to a custom shop like CC to have something built from the ground up, the only thing separating you from getting exactly what you want is time and money.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.