1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
We Are!
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to STOP shooting their Baers?!

I plan on a set amount of ammo each range trip...yet find myself stuffing another 100-200 rounds of that somewhat heavy .45 ACP ammo in the range bag anyway “just in case.”

...oh, wait. Does this mean I’m an ADDICT?!

;-)

Baer eye-candy thrown-in just for fun...Concept VI with assorted Sparks and Wilson items.

1119ACE3-EE78-4B10-B035-AD4745DD9230.jpeg

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I have to admit, so far I'm impressed with my LB Custom Carry.

I was hesitant about buying a LB because of their unconventional grip geometry and some bad reviews suggesting questionable barrel fitting practices.

It turns out that grip geometry works for me, despite my small hands. I still need a short trigger, as I do on other 1911's, but I don't have any problems getting a good firing grip. I really like the undercut trigger guard, and the way it helps me to get just a little higher grip on the gun. These are obviously personal assessments, and not something that will apply to everyone.

I'm still not sure what to conclude about the barrel fitting. I don't have the background to properly asses the barrel fit. I can say that I'm not experiencing any accuracy or reliability issues at this time. But I don't know if the way the barrel is fit will result in premature failure. For now I'll just keep shooting it. If it breaks, I guess I'll just send it off to @Steve Owens to be fixed.

EDIT: My concerns regarding barrel fit are mainly derivative of this thread: https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/baer-down.36128/. I want to be clear about where my concerns were coming from, as I know how comments like mine have a way of growing and distorting as they spread through the Internet. Please do read the thread linked above and draw your own conclusions. Also keep in mind in a few key facts: (1) this is only one example of God knows how many Les Baer guns that have been put to hard use, (2) the gun that failed continued to run reliably after failure, and (3) the OP didn't notice the broken barrel leg until he field stripped the gun for cleaning, which the OP didn't do very often.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,234 Posts
while they may shoot great, they are just to utilitarian for me - I enjoy 1911's for their beauty as much as anything and I find Baer's flat out ugly

·
What me worry ?
11,262 Posts
Pretty isn’t important when using a 1911 for its intended purpose,
Baers are the workhorses of quality 1911 pistols, there not showponys .
I find them to be built like a tank ,dependable and a extremely accurate hard use pistol and my go to when stepping in harms way.

·
We Are!
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just for that, my Baer exposes its bare, gaping magwell to you!

LOL - meant in good fun. To each their own - many Baers are indeed a bit subdued, perhaps, compared to other brands (the work a previous owner had performed to this gun notwithstanding) - that’s one of the things that draws me to them, myself...

D5DE0FA2-63D5-4F7D-BF97-BC1B676A846A.jpeg
while they may shoot great, they are just to utilitarian for me - I enjoy 1911's for their beauty as much as anything and I find Baer's flat out ugly

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Just for that, my Baer exposes its bare magwell to you!

LOL - meant in good fun. To each their own - many Baers are indeed a bit subdued, perhaps (the work a previous owner had performed to this gun notwithstanding) compared to other brands - that’s one of the things that draws me to them, myself...

View attachment 204497
Now there's a magwell that will give you wet dreams.

·
We Are!
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Along those lines, then, I hope this next pic does not violate censor standards. Magwell with full...um...insertion...

(Ha!)

B373594A-9FAC-491E-92A9-57D47B8893E8.jpeg
Now there's a magwell that will give you wet dreams.

·
We Are!
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've liked this pistol since the first time it went up for sale-very nice gat sir!
Thank you! Every time it goes to the range (which has been increasingly often) I’m more glad I hung on to it.

·
Official Hi-Point Brand Representative
638 Posts
Great gun and great set up, buddy!

I really like Baers, I enjoy their “no frills” look, and Ive found they shoot lights out most of the time.

You’re going have a long and fun relationship with that gat.

·
Fictional Western Sage
2,165 Posts

I'll live with this kind of "ugly" thank you very much...

IMG_0022 copy 3.JPG

1 - 20 of 34 Posts