1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have a 1911. I have a shadow that follows me around all day... but I don't have one of those Shadow 1911s! What is it??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Details please.......

DAT85

According to what little I found in my research, this was made in Riverside Co., CA sometime in the early to mid 1980s. The previous owner bought it from the original owner some years ago. The original owner had told him that the serial number on the pistol was specificly for him when the pistol was made. The fit and finish on this pistol is impecable. Someone knew exctly what they were doing when they made this pistol. The machining of the parts is absolutey superb. I have never seen another one of these. To me, it is a piece of art.

·
Why oh why?
448 Posts
I cut myself just looking at that.

Seriously, nice looking pistol. You seem to have a knack for obtaining differt things.

·
Single stacks rock!
164 Posts
Made in Riverside? I was born, raised and still live here and never heard of any pistols manufactured here. Can you send me a link to some info on it? I'd love to find one for myself now, that would be a wonderful story to be able to own.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very nice looking pistol you have there. Congrats!

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
That is a nice pistol, there have been several companies that, prior to Kimber, tried to bring other 1911-A1s to market, most eventually failed. Thanks for showing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts